Sunday, October 16, 2016

Chanel Rouge Allure Ink 150 Luxuriant, 152 Choquant and 154 Experimente


I am into liquid lipsticks so it should not be a surprise that I would get these the moment they came out.


I have asked Lady Snow to kindly model these lipsticks for me and she has graciously accepted.

Left to right: 150 Luxuriant, 152 Choquant and 154 Experimente
Rouge Allure Inks come is a frosted glass bottle. They have a typical doe foot applicator. I do find it difficult applying precisely with it, you definitely need a lip brush.


As you can see, I picked the jewel tones. I am all about the reds.


150 Luxuriant
150 Luxuriant
150 Luxuriant
152 Choquant
152 Choquant
152 Choquant
154 Experimente
154 Experimente
154 Experimente
Left to right: 150 Luxuriant, 152 Choquant and 154 Experimente
For the price I paid, I was hoping for something more than a typical liquid lipstick. I was hoping to be wowed by these but they aren't wowing me like I wished they would. These Chanel Rouge Allure Inks feel lightweight and they take a few second to dry down. I need a few passes to get them to look really opaque. Although they aren't sucking the moisture out of my lips, at times they look a tad dry on my lips but after reapplication, they look fine.They are able to withstand drinks of water and light snacks without oil but they are not transfer proof. 

I am not sure why but I can't seem to get precise application with any of these even though I use a lip liner first. From afar they look alright but when taking close up pictures I can see howmessy my lip line is. Experimente is my least favourite, it did not apply as easily as compared to the other two. It took me a few passes to get it to look even.

SGD $49

2 comments:

  1. Choquant is my favorite shade! Such a deep rich beautiful red. That's too bad that they're not as good as you were hoping. They do look gorgeous on but a comfortable formula is very important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is Sharlynn, :) I am always on a look out for a fabulous red with an awesome formula.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.