Saturday, October 8, 2016

Battle of the Nude/Natural Liquid Lipsticks (Jeffree Star Celebrity Skin, NYX So Matte Lip Cream Cannes, NYX Liquid Suede Soft-spoken, Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint TBT and Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick Lolita and Lolita II)

(Left to right:
JS Celebrity Skin, NYX Cannes and Soft-Spoken Tarte TBT, KVD Lolita and LolitaII)


JS Celebrity Skin
NYX Cannes
NYX Soft-Spoken
Tarte TBT
KVD Lolita
KVD Lolita II
I always believed that I could only pull off a glossy nude shade and that matte nudes would just look sickly on me until I started experimenting with matte liquid lipsticks.

To me a good nude liquid lipstick has a little bit of rosiness to it, isn't too pale or dark for my NC30 to 35 warm skin tone.

Based on formula, Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick wins the whole lot. It is not drying, it fades nicely, it does not appear patchy during application and when I reapply it looks like I applied it for the first time.

Based on colour, I like NYX Cannes and Soft-spoken best. They look natural on my lips and give me a polished without overdone overall look.

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lips USD $18
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream SGD $13
NYX Liquid Suede SGD $19
Tarte Tarteiest Lip Paint SD $32
Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick SGD $31

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.