Thursday, August 25, 2016

Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint Twerk, So Fetch and Tbt and Tarteist Lip Crayon Turnt Up, Amaze and Latergram



Notice how my recent posts are filled with matte liquid lipsticks? Yup I'm highly obsessed with them at the moment and cannot help trying different brands to see which are the best. Hence my foray into Tarte. As you can see I got matching lip liners to go with the lip paints.

These Lip Paints have a different formula to the NYX, Jeffree Star, Kat Von D liquid lipsticks. They are more mousse than liquid. I don't really like it, I prefer the traditional liquid lipstick formula. They feel thick when swatched on my arms but doesn't feel so when its on my lips. One swipe gives full coverage although the doe foot applicator makes it really hard to get a good precise line. It takes a little more time to dry down and they are not transfer proof. I find reapplication easy, the formula does not clump up and look horrible (some liquid lipsticks are one time applications only, if you get what I mean) and they don't dry out my lips.

I do love how creamy the Lip Crayons are. They glide onto my lips and you can actually use these as lip colours if you want and skip the lip paints. They twist up which means no sharpening. What I don't love is that they have twice broken on me. I made sure I only twisted up a little to use but unfortunately I broke the tip of my Latergram and Amaze. So please be extra careful and not twist up too much and apply gently and not use too much force, they break. 

Left to right:
TBT, Latergram, So Fetch, Amaze, Twerk and Turnt Up
Latergram lip liner and TBT


Turnt Up lip liner and Twerk

Amaze lip liner and So Fetch

These two colours Amaze and So Fetch are my regret buys, what was I thinking? It looks way more neon in real life and makes my lips stand out, in a not too flattering way.

These Lip Paints are full coverage and light weight. However I am not in love the mousse formula because it does not dry down quickly. They have a peppermint scent. They do transfer and with the brighter and darker shades they are not very flattering after meals. The saving point is that they can be reapplied to look like it is freshly applied. The darker and brighter shades also stain the lips a little so you need a good makeup remover to remove all traces of colour.

Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint SGD $30
Tarteist Lip Crayon SGD $28

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.