Sunday, August 21, 2016

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid lipstick Lolita, Lolita II, Double Dare, Mother, Berlin and Nosferatu


Since Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks are not readily available to me, the next best thing is the new Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks that recently launched in Sephora Singapore. My collection started with just 3 shades, Lolita, Lolita II and Nosferatu. Mother and Berlin joined in and finally Double Dare.



Left to right;
Lolita, Lolita II, Double Dare, Mother, Berlin and Nosferatu
Between Jeffree Star and Kat Von D, I still prefer the Jeffree Star formula. These take a few more seconds to dry down. They transfer minimally but don't last as well after food. Especially the stronger shades like Nosferatu, it appeared patchy after food and was quite unsightly.



I think Lolita (chestnut rose) is my least favourite shade, it is just too dark for me. I don't see any rose in it.


Lolita II


Double Dare (cocoa blush) looks natural on me, as you can see it pulls more rosy pink on me. I was almost not going to get it because the description cocoa blush makes me think it is going to be brown.


Mother (Dusty mauve pink)

Berlin (Warm Rose)
I seriously wonder about the shade descriptions, I don't feel the warm or the rose in Berlin. It's more a coral shade to me. 



Forgive the unsightly lip swatch. I had such a hard time applying Nosferatu properly. It is darn hard to apply this unforgiving shade with just the doe foot applicator. I even used a lip liner beforehand. It is a stunning colour but it is a fussy shade to apply. As I said, it disappeared in patches after food which looked quite terrible. I was horrified that I walked around with patchy lipstick for a good while before knowing.

Of all the shades, my picks are Double Dare and Mother. The bright and deep shades are gorgeous but you need a steady hand and patience to apply it just right. But if you do get it right, they are stunning. Thankfully these allow you to reapply. 

They do feel a little drying after a whole day of wear so do apply plenty of balm after removing them. They are also very unforgiving on cracked and peeling lips so exfoliate and give plenty of TLC to your lips before applying.

SGD $31

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.