Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Palette


This purchase came about because of my frustration from not being able to buy what I wanted from a Sephora 20% sale. I have been wanting to get my hands on some Hourglass so I decided to splurge at Net a porter instead. The Ambient Lighting Palette was the choice for me because getting 6 different products in one palette is the best way to get to try as many products without breaking the bank. Besides they don't have this in Singapore so even better.

A few words about Net A Porter, I love the speed in which I get my things. Within a week and everything was so nicely packed in a pretty box with a pretty ribbon. One can easily get addicted to receiving pretty stuff in the mail like this. Shipping was USD$15, not too bad although it would be better if it was free like Beautylish.



This is a super shiny, palm sized and finger print magnet palette which includes three highlighters, two blush and one bronzer.




The pans are pretty tiny, I'm barely able to use my Hakuhodo blush brushes to pick up pigment without picking up stuff from the the other pans. For this palette I use my pointed Hakuhodo blush brush which is able to pick up products from tiny pans. 



Everything is so finely milled. The highlighters are gorgeous. Not too shimmery or chalky, they impart the right amount of glow. Honestly, I don't know which highlighter is for what, I just use them how I please.

Left to right: Dim Light, Iridescent Light, Diffused Light, Mood Exposure, Luminous Flush and Luminous Bronze Light
Using Diffused Light as a cheek highlighter and Luminous Bronze Light as a bronzer
Using Luminous Flush as blush, Iridescent Light as a highlighter and Bronze Light as a bronzer
Using Mood Exposure as blush and Dim Light as a highlighter
I have been reaching out for this palette very often. I find that it is very user friendly and the colours on the palette soft and easy to use. The highlighters are awesome so well worth the money I paid.

USD $122

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.