Sunday, April 3, 2016

Bite Beauty Butter Cream Lipstick in Heather



I have been crazy over lipsticks lately. After going crazy over Nudestix, Bite Beauty got my attention. Unfortunately it  is darn hard to get access to Bite Beauty. I only managed to get this because a fellow beauty addict was visiting the US and she didn't mind buying them for me. (Thanks Luna!)

I was determined to try the different variations so I bought a Butter Cream Lipstick and a High Pigment Pencil. I would have gotten the Matte Creme Lip Crayons but unfortunately the set I wanted was out of stock. After getting my hands on these I know I want more, especially the Amuse Bouche line.

Butter Cream lipsticks are said to be creamy. Oh yes they are. They glide onto my lips effortlessly with the right amount of slip.

Here is the ingredient list:

-5 Mg Trans-Resveratrol From Vitis Vinifera and Polygonum Cuspidatum 

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil*, Glyceryl Rosinate, Cera Alba (Beeswax)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Triisostearyl Citrate, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil*, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil*, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Cera (Wax), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil*, Flavor (Aroma), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax*, Acacia Decurrens Flower Wax*,Polyglyceryin-3*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Athemis Noblis (Chamomile) Flower Extract*, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Butter*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Silk Powder, Pearl Powder*, Glyceryl Oleate*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables*, Tocopherol*, Trans-Resveratrol*, Siraitia Grosvenorii (Monk Fruit) Extract*, +/- May Contain: Mica (Cl 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Carmine (Cl 75470), Blue 1 Lake (Cl 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (Cl 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Cl 15985), Red 40 Lake (Cl 16035), Red 6 Lake (Cl 15850), Red 7 Lake (Cl 15850), Red 33 Lake (Cl 17200), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742)*, Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Magnesium Stearate. 

*Natural 
*Organic






I love the no fuss packing and the bullet is a non traditional flat surface. Honestly it made it hard to apply a precise lip so a lip brush is needed.

Left to right: Heather and Rhubarb (to be reviewed soon)


I love the colour but honestly the texture and formula was not up to my expectations. I was hoping for it to be more emollient and more slip considering the name Butter Cream. It was comfortable to wear on my lips but it did not last long. It disappeared after lunch. To think of the hassle I took to buy this.

USD $28

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.