Thursday, March 3, 2016

Tom Ford Spring 2016 Runway Color Collection: Patent Finish Lip Color Red Corset


I haven't been truly excited for any makeup collection is quite a while. Something about the Tom Ford's Spring collection captures my attention and I just went absolutely wild. This is what happens when I have not physically gone shopping in ages. I finally found some time and made a mad dash to the Tom Ford counter at Tangs, crossing my fingers and hoping there were some stuff left for me.

Fortunately for my wallet but unfortunately for me the new eyeshadow quads were oos or else I would probably have done a greater damage to my wallet. The first things on my list were the Patent Finish Lip Colors which I am featuring in this post. I poured over the swatches online and already made my selections. Swatching them at the counter confirmed what I wanted. With the exception of Infamy which I could not decide whether to get that or Erotic. They are quite close.




These come in a nicely weighted clicky pen. I needed to click it quite a few times before product came out from the flocked applicator. Take it easy with the clicking. Although there might be some point you are wondering to yourself if you bought a dud, don't click it too quickly or too many times in case a lot of product oozes out.

Left to right: Red Corset, Infamy and Orchid Fatale
Red Corset

Red Corset is a gorgeous colour! Red Corset is a very wearable red. It is a deep red on me. It is very pigmented. It comes off as a stain at first if you apply only a little but the more you apply, the more opaque it becomes.The flocked applicator can't give a precise application so I use a lip pencil and then a lip brush to get the shape I want.

I must say I really love the formula. It is comfortable to wear and does not dry my lips out. It lasts very well and reapplies beautifully. 

SGD $72 (With Tom Ford, I think it is never about whether it is ever worth the price you pay, no matter how good it is it is neer worth the hefty price tag, I just close my eyes and say take my money! :)

2 comments:

  1. Its def a very lovely one. Love the packaging and oh so love the color. Its a must try indeed!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.