Friday, September 11, 2015

Shiseido Fall/Winter 2015 Collection: Shimmering Cream Eye Color BR 731 Kitsune


I meant to pick up a lipstick for a good friend at the Shiseido counter and check out the Fall/Winter lip colours. I have developed quite a liking for Shiseido lipsticks and wanted to check out Empress and Spellbound which I had seen in a post by Makeup Stash. The two lipsticks did not inspire me but Kitsune did. It is hardly a colour I would buy because Kitsune looks like such a blah colour. That muddy brown doesn't inspire people to rush out of their homes to buy it. It however did capture my attention at the counter. The micro sparkles glistened quietly and Kitsune looked like a promising lid shade.






Kitsune is a warm brown that leans slightly orange on my lids. The micro sparkles are not obvious. I owned Shimmering Cream Colors before and I always loved how creamy and easily blendable they are. Kitsune is no exception. I had forgotten to apply my trusty eye primer. Even without an eye primer, Kitsune was long lasting and it did not crease or fade at the end of the day.

Kitsune all over my lids
Tom Ford's Golden Peach powder on the middle of my lids


I am loving this shade. It is a natural everyday colour to wear. Kitsune is has a sheer to medium coverage that can be easily layered on. It is easy to use and stays on my lids till it is time to take it off. It plays well with powder eye shadows and other cream shadows to. I am loving the price point, it doesn't break my wallet.

SGD $32

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

7 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous rich brown! Totally seeing that as a fall/winter type shade but of course the bronziness to it suits summer too! I own three of them and I absolutely love them and would like more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep forgetting about Shiseido but I do like the formula of their cream shadows. That looks lovely on you, it works really well with the cool toned lip colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clare, Shiseido makes really pretty yet understated cream shadows. They are great bases for eyeshadows too. Do you own any?

      Delete
    2. I have Mist and Patina, though Patina doesn't really suit me, something about it just looks off against my skintone.

      Delete
  3. OOO this is pretty, Jacqueline! I love how you layered a sparkling shade in the center. It gives the look beautiful dimension!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me Sunny, I like all things bling ;) I just needed to give it a little bit of oomph.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.