Tuesday, September 15, 2015

NARS Audacious Lipstick Janet


(Information taken from NARS website)

Single-stroke coverage so shamelessly seductive in touch and texture, the sensation is audacious. Forty shades of unabashed luxury for unstoppable impact. Its luxurious, pigment-rich formula glides on intense, full-coverage color in a single stroke. A specially embossed bullet, dressed in a matte-black metallic case, reveals a strikingly sculptural design. Housed in a modern, matte-black metallic case with a magnetic closure.


I wondered why I took so long to pick up a NARS Audacious lipstick. Honestly other than the NARS Satin Lip Pencils, I am not inclined to pick up any of the regular NARS lipsticks. Even though I knew they had some awesome colours, my impression was that the formula was not very moisturising. 

I was at the NARS counter to pick up Pasiphae and I was in the mood to try out a new lipstick. I picked up an Audacious lipstick to swatch and was blown away by how creamy and intense one single swipe made. I was sold. The hard part was deciding which one to bring home with me. Should I stick with my preference for a red? Or go with a safe work colour? After much swatching, I decided on Janet although Michiyo is still on my mind.



I do love the black blocky casing. It has a magnetic closure. It does not feel like cheap plastic when I hold it. I am so glad it isn't that horrible tacky rubber casing they are infamous for.





Check that gorgeous swatch made with just one swipe. Audacious lipstick has a very creamy formula. I won't call it a matte but it doesn't have that much of a shine as compared to most satin lipsticks I own. It can be unforgiving as it will cling to all the dried bits and show them up so you need to exfoliate and apply balm to prep your lips before applying. It lasts about 5 hours with minimal fading. I ate a sandwich and there was very little fading. It felt light on my lips and it did not dry them out. However, I do not feel that they are very moisturizing as compared to my favourite Burberry Lip Glow lipsticks. 



The strength of Audacious lipsticks lie with their audacious (heh!) colours which are strong and bright. They are magnificent when applied. There a trade off between awesome saturated colour and moisturizing properties in this case. For strong colours, I don't mind it not being as moisturizing as my Burberry lipsticks.

In case you are wondering, Audacious isticks are SGD$1 cheaper than Burberry ones which cost SGD $45. I still prefer Burberry lipsticks because I feel that their formula is superior but Burberry does not make audacious (heh!) colours as compared to NARS.

SGD $44

Ratings: 4+ lipsticks

6 comments:

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.