Thursday, September 24, 2015

Burberry Eye Color Cream No. 108 Dusky Mauve


Nothing beats a good cream eye shadow. They are super easy to use and if the brand gets the formula right, they blend well and they stay put till you want them off. It took me quite some time to try a cream eyeshadow from Burberry because frankly the colours did not inspire me to get them. I have actually all the kinds of eye shadow colours I need and don't really need another bronze/ gold/ taupe shade anymore.

I did see Visionary Beauty's post about Dusky Mauve and I was itching to get new makeup and so Dusky Mauve became mine. I had wanted to get Cold Copper but I have way too many bronze gold shades at the moment, perhaps next time.



Burberry Eye Color creams come in a glass container with the same kind of brush applicators as the Chanel Illusion d'ombres. I don't use them at all. I prefer using fingers to blend cream shadows.



I feel that this cream eyeshadow has the same feel, texture and look at the Chanel Illusion d'ombre with one exception, Burberry Eye Color creams glow instead of shimmer and sparkle like quite a few of the Chanel Illusion d'ombres. When I dip my fingers into the pot, the cream has a cushiony feel to it. I find that using my fingers to apply and blend is the best way for me.



I guess depending on your skin tone, Dusky Mauve looks slightly different for everyone. On my warm skin tone, Dusky Mauve looks positively warm with hints of mauve. It is a lovely all over lid colour for me, on days when I don't have much time, I just apply Dusky Mauve and some eye liner. I love how glowy it is when light hits on it.




Here is the accompanying lip colours I used for this look. I used Tom Ford's James and 3CE's Glass Red over it to give it that glossy shine.



Top to bottom: Glass Red and James


It was my brother in law's birthday, so we celebrated at the Dancing Crab. Here is a reluctant poser, I miss my boy when he was a lot younger, he was so willing to pose. 


My very first lobster roll, I am officially in love with it. 
Sri Lankan crabs
I love crabs but sometimes it is frustrating to get at the morsels of delicious meat. I was in crab heaven, check out that pincer.
And cupcakes to add a touch of sweetness. My Lady Snow wants a sniff too.



To all my Singaporean readers out there, stay healthy and drink lots of water. Let's hope the haze situation gets better. It is awful today.

Getting back to Dusky Mauve, I think it is a pretty colour. It blends easily and is smudge resistant on my oily lids. It gives my lids a refined glow. Subtle and very work friendly. I wish it was cheaper but that being said it is on par with Chanel's pricing which is SGD $52.

SGD $50

Ratings: 4+ lipsticks

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link :) I really like that shade on you, I have TF James so will try wearing them together as well.
    Love the pic of you and your little man, he looks like he is itching to run off ;) how cute is that Hello Kitty cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Clare, you post made me actively look to buy Dusky Mauve and I'm glad I own it :) it's an embarrassment for the not so little guy to take pictures with me now (sigh). That peanut cupcake was awesome.

      Delete
  2. The Dusky Mauve is such a beauty! Its really something worth checking out. So excited to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julie, did you get anymore? I really love the texture of this I would love to have more but I don't want to repeat the shades I have.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.