Friday, June 26, 2015

Tom Ford Beauty Soleil Collection 2015 Eye and Cheek Compact Pink Glow


Even though I have countless palettes already, I just had to get the Tom Ford Eye and Cheek palette. I let the 2014 summer palette escape me (that blue!) so I had to get this even though I was a bit wary of that plum shade on my eyelids.




The packaging is simply gorgeous. The white screams luxe although I question how clean the white suede casing will stay with constant handling. I love how sleek and slim the compact is.



The eye and cheek compact consists of three eyeshadow shades and a blush and a highlighter. The finger swatches done at the store blew me away. They felt creamy and dense to the touch even though they were powder.


The eyeshadows consist of a pearly white eyeshadow with a pink tinge which I typically use to highlight my brows or use on the inner corner of my eye lids. A sparkly topper shade and a dark plummy accent shade. The plum blush is quite intense and should be applied with the lightest hand. The eye shadows lasted on my eyelids, the topper shade adhered well without fall out and the blush stayed on my cheeks without my having to reapply.

White eyeshadow all over eye lids
Plum accent shade on outer corner of lids blending inwards and out
Topper shade on the middle of lids and eyeliner




Plum blush on my cheeks with highlighter on the top of my cheeks
This Pink Glow palette is surprisingly wearable for my skintone. The plum accent shade did not give my eyelids a bruised effect, instead it looks more exciting and refreshing as compared to my normal neutral eye looks. The quality of the all the products in this palette is outstanding, at its price, it is a big splurge but one I am very happy to make.

USD $95

Ratings: 4+ lipsticks

8 comments:

  1. That looks lovely on you, some of the looks I've seen done with this palette have seemed a bit harsh but you have made the colours look very flattering x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clare, I'm just lucky that the colours suit me.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, the palette is DIVINE! I love the shadows and blush shades equally! The palette is super thin but although a big large in size, I think it would be even better if it were just a bit less wide but otherwise the swatches are sooo enticing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sharlynn you are right, this palette isn't going into my makeup pouch because it can't fit in it.

      Delete
  3. OMG!!! I want this! It has great colors that I mostly prefer and the packaging is classy as well. I think this is really something worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alice this palette is really special because of the interesting colours, get it before it disappears.

      Delete
  4. OK I don't know how I missed out on this post but now I really want the palette LOL I decided to skip because the eyeshadows don't look like what I'd reach for often, but dang it's so preeeeetty on you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I was a bit iffy about the colours I told myself I couldn't let this palette get away and gosh darn I'll make it work. Lol thankfully it does.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.