Sunday, May 24, 2015

Tom Ford Beauty Soleil Collection 2015 Cream and Powder Eye Color Midnight Sea


I totally apologise that I am reviewing these are snail's pace but that is all I can spare at the moment. See all my beauteous loot in gorgeous bright sunshine. I am a contented woman on the makeup front. Nothing beats seeing the whole collection together. 

Midnight Sea was the one that almost got away. I didn't order this one as I honestly have out grown teal shades, I really didn't know how often I would wear this. But the swatches got me and I regretted not getting it so when I had the chance to get it at the Tangs counter, I took it. My set is now complete.




Since I got my hands on Midnight Sea first, it was the first one I tried out. The little tub has two sections. One for the glittery powder eye shadow and another section for the cream eye shadow. 




I don't understand why the powder eyeshadow looks like a silver baby blue in my swatches but it definitely looks more teal than this picture. The cream shadow is supposed to be the same colour as the Spring 2015 released cream shadow. It is a dark smokey brown taupe shade. It isn't very exciting on its own but once layered with the powder eye shadow, the effect is so pretty. It becomes a sparkly black/blue/teal shade. Me likes!

(Do check out Temptalia's swatches here)


Even though the SA advised me to use a synthetic brush to apply the cream shadows, I like using my fingers with these cream shadows. My fingers warm up the product and I feel that I can blend it much better than with a brush. I just need to be careful not to pick up too much product. Above, is a gentle wash of the cream shadow. Doesn't look very intimidating right?



Here is what happens when I layer the teal powder shadow over it, magic!


What I love about these cream shadows are their super blendability and how tenacious they are. They lasted the whole day on my oily lids. The sparkly powder shadow is glittery but not gritty. I did not get any fall out throughout the day. I love the combination of colours and I'm determined to try the cream shadow over other powder shades to see what happens. It is so exciting to experiment. It is gosh darn expensive but since when was Tom Ford ever cheap. If you wanted to splurge on some pretty shadows and a lover of all things sparkly, this would be it.

SGD $85
USD $60

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

14 comments:

  1. That looks so pretty on you, love the layered effect, these seem very popular so maybe they might add them to the regular line up and introduce some more shades. I don't think I'll pick up any this time around but would be nice if they had some more nudey cool toned options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clare. Yup, I hope Tom Ford comes up with more cream eye shadows, Platinum has got to be one of my most loved ones. Yay to more neutral cream eyeshadow colours.

      Delete
  2. My my, YOU GOT ALL FOUR!!! I have Naked Bronze and Midnight Sea, and I thought I have it all but now I'm jealous haha Midnight Sea looks different on you, but it's really stunning anyways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not resist this collection, Tom ford cream shadows are things I cannot resist. I'm going to try Midnight Sea in various ways, they are so fun to experiment with.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jacqueline, I'm so glad you got hold of Midnight Sea!! This one didn't sell so well here, but I LOVE IT!! And it looks gorgeous on you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so worried it would be sold out here, I bet Naked Bronze was the first to be sold out. Neutrals are so much more wearable, that's why I didn't order it the first place. Thank you Linda.

      Delete
  4. Soooo interesting! I totally need to do more layering of cream shadows with powder shadows...especially blues over brown bases! Love the look of the teal one! I would love to play with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen you do some amazing teal looks Sharlynn. It's almost like a grown up version of the MAC pigment Blue Brown.

      Delete
  5. Well...well...well...this is something worth checking out. Lovely colors that looks oh so great for eye makeup. Can't wait to get my hands on these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sue, you can't go wrong with these :)

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.