Friday, March 6, 2015

Tom Ford Lips and Boys 47 Cary


I was literally jumping for joy when Ruby told me I could have Cary. As I mentioned before quite a few of the Lips and Boys are actually repromotes of existing shades. Cary happens to be Casablanca which Ruby has already, I gladly took him off her hands.



Cary is one of those work friendly shades for me. Dark enough for it not to wash me out but sedate enough so I won't get into trouble at work. Cary or Casablanca is a medium warm rose shade very much like Tom Ford's Lip Color Matte in Pussycat but without the shine and a tad lighter.

Centre swatch

Here are comparison swatches of (left to right) Cary, Indian Rose and Pussycat in different lighting.







Cary is a lip colour that I will get plenty of mileage from. Cary might not be flashy or sexy but he is stable, reliable and safe. We all need a guy like that in our lives.

To recap on the formula, it is a creamy satin that is opaque at one swipe. It is not the most moisturising lipstick but it does not dry my lips out. It wears comfortable and gives me about 3 to 4 hours of wear time.

Unfortunately you can't find this in Singapore anymore but you can order it online at Nordstrom.


USD $32


Ratings: 5 lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. Hey there! I love your blog. I was passing by your browhaus entry. I was wondering if water is really a big no-no after the procedure, or is it ok to get my face wet for like one minute as I wash my face. Did you see any complications after washing your face like normal? Did the color fade faster than it should have? Thanks for your insight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I suspect my lack of self-discipline when it comes to staying away from water did have something to do with my colour fading slightly faster but seriously it is very difficult to avoid washing my face and thus the eyebrow area. That being said, I also think that whether the colour stays longer or not also depends on our skin. I just don't see spending so much for something that eventually will fade off in a year or so be worth the while.

      Delete
  2. Love this color on you! It's the perfect natural shade on you! I must have indian rose in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sharlynn, I think Indian Rose will suit you perfectly.

      Delete
  3. Oh God this is so unfair! This shade looks better on EVERYBODY ELSE but me LOL I pull ALL the purple there is out of this shade, and it just looks really, REALLY weird. Absolutely adore it on you tho! Thanks for the comparison. Seems pretty clear to me that I won't need Pussycat, either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So strange Sunny, aw... you look awesome in many other shades.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.