Thursday, March 12, 2015

Project Swap: Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle Raspberry Opal and Fig Opal


I have been wanting to try these Shimmer Souffles for a long time. These guys have been in and out of my shopping cart but in the end I stopped short from buying them. You can imagine how happy I was that Lunaface passed them to me to play with. And you know what, most of the items to get to try from her stash ends up being on my shopping list.

(Information taken from the Becca website)


This lightweight formula packs four must-have qualities into one formula: a powder to add a pop of color, a stain to give staying power, an illuminating highlighter, and a cream to deliver a flawless finish. Water-resistant, each pot combines bestselling Beach Tint with a Shimmering Skin Perfector™ for effortlessly buildable, complexion-enhancing color, soothing hydration, and a youthful glow.
Sponge-like gel texture formulated with brown algae extract that helps hydrate, smooth and soften skin
Effortlessly buildable colour with a soft, lustrous finish
Hydrates and revives dull skin for a youthful glow
Scents correspond with individual Beach Tints
Water-resistant and oil-free, Paraben-, Sulfate- and Talc-free


Ingredients for 
RASPBERRY/ OPAL: Mica, Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Silica, C13-15 Alkane, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/ Vinyltrimethylsiloxysilicate Crosspolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocotrienols, Tocopherol, Beta-Sitosterol, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Squalene, Caprylyl Methicone, Flavor (Aroma), Propylene Carbonate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain/ Peut Contenir [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Carmine (CI 75470).


FIG/OPAL: Mica, Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Silica, C13-15 Alkane, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/ Vinyltrimethylsiloxysilicate Crosspolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocotrienols, Tocopherol, Beta-Sitosterol, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Squalene, Caprylyl Methicone, Flavor (Aroma), Propylene Carbonate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain/ Peut Contenir [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).







Unlike the normal cream shadows, this has a almost bouncy gel like quality to it. The colours have a sheer tint to it. It take a a few swipes of colour before it shows up on my cheeks. They blend very well and stays on my cheeks for about close to 4 hours. It has a subtle fruity scent.

I don't use my fingers to apply this because I don't want to dip my fingers in the pot. Instead a I use my Koyudo BP 013 which has a small enough brush head to fit into the pot. I then blen this onto my cheeks. 



Left to right: Raspberry and Fig

On my cheeks, Raspberry Opal

On my cheeks, Raspberry Opal
Fig Opal on my cheeks


Fig/Opal is a great contouring shade whereas Raspberry/Opal gives me a lovely gentle flush.

There are a total of 6 shades available.

Guava/Moonstone
Lychee/Opal
Watermelon/Moonstone
Raspberry/Opal
Papaya/Topaz
Fig/Opal

USD $27 5.2g


You know what, I'm itching to put all them in my shopping cart. I really like them. They just look so pretty to look at. Although they apply sheer, they can be layered on for a more obvious look.


Ratings: 4 lipsticks

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Both shades are soooo pretty! I'm not one who likes cream blushes but this mousse type formula just looks awesome! Love the sheer but gorgeous glow they give to the skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharlynn, I'm just dying to put all shades into my shopping cart. They are lovely to work with.

      Delete
  2. I've been back and forth as to whether to get one of these, think I might have to pick one up now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am going to break my makeup ban, it will be for these. Which one are you eyeing?

      Delete
    2. I'm liking the look of fig as its a bit different to what I'd normally go for. We have had a SpaceNK open up recently so I'll go and have a look at these :)

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.