Monday, March 2, 2015

Cle De Peau Beaute Luminizing Face Enhancer 14 Delicate Pink


This was an unexpected buy for me. I have not explored the realms of Cle De Peau because the price range scares me somehow. I know that if I fall in love with their products, it would be another slippery slope for me so I have been resisting.

I was at Haneda airport in Tokyo returning to Singapore and hubs gave me all his yen and told me to do whatever I wanted with it. Heh! Of course I headed for the cosmetics section. I saw Laduree, Jill Stuart and a couple of Japanese brands there but nothing caught my eye. I picked up some Shiseido lipsticks for my mom. I saw the CDP highlighters ad even though I really didn't need another one, I picked it up.

There are a total of 4 shades available.

11 - Pastel
12 - Gold
13 - Sand Beige
14 - Delicate Pink

I wanted to get gold because thats kind of like my default mode when it comes to makeup but the sweet Japanese SA recommended Delicate Pin as a more suitable highlighter for my complexion so I went with it.

When I came back I found out that dear Meryl from memosielle.com bought her Luminizing Face Enhancer at a huge discount from a Shiseido sale, my heart and wallet cried a little. 




I totally love the very luxe suede-type brown pouch it comes in. The case is just gorgeous. Like a multi-faceted jewel and a good heft. Not cheap and plasticky. And you know what, the little brush that comes along actually does a great job, I rely on that to apply this highlighter,nothing else.


Check out the pretty shimmer.



It gives a honest to God lovely subtle glow that I am absolutely in love with. Not over the top at all. 


I don't like the price tag, its USD $95. I threw my receipt away so I hope I managed to get it cheaper than that. It kinda pisses me off that I could have gotten it for a lot cheaper if I did my homework but....

I love this highlighter for its understated prowess at giving me a soft subtle glow. I am sure I can probably get a highlighter that does the same job for less but the gorgeous casing kinda makes up for it.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

9 comments:

  1. Ahh this looks SO lovely on you! So sorry to hear you could have bought it at a lower price tho. I've been there, and it puts a damper on that happy new thing feeling. It's really beautiful tho. I don't think you should regret getting it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would prefer a happy, got a steal, new feeling but the quality of this baby makes up for it. Anyway I never had patience for those private sales. Fighting with a horde of determined ladies to get cheap makeup and skincare is not what I would call I good time. They scare me.

      Delete
    2. Hi Jacq, may I know if ur friend bought at the Shiseido Sale in spore? Actually I am now In Tokyo and will fly back in 2 days time. I wanted to try CDP compact powder suggested by a friend. I don't like to apply foundation and I am looking for a powder that can give better coverage without need to apply foundation. Do you have better suggestion for me? I tend to perspire a lot especially with spore weather that is super hot and humid. Appreciate your fast reply. Tq very much for ur advise.

      Delete
    3. Hi Jacq, may I know if ur friend bought at the Shiseido Sale in spore? Actually I am now In Tokyo and will fly back in 2 days time. I wanted to try CDP compact powder suggested by a friend. I don't like to apply foundation and I am looking for a powder that can give better coverage without need to apply foundation. Do you have better suggestion for me? I tend to perspire a lot especially with spore weather that is super hot and humid. Appreciate your fast reply. Tq very much for ur advise.

      Delete
    4. Hey Naomi, cool that you are in Tokyo, I hope this reply gets to you on time. I'm afraid I'm not much of a help, I prefer liquid foundations as compared to powder ones so I haven't really tried many. The one I use to set my face is the Make Up Forever Pro Finish powder which I absolutely love. if you tend to sweat a lot, powder foundation may not be such a good idea bec it might streak. Perhaps you can get samples to test out.

      Yup my friend got hers at the Shiseido sale. :)

      Delete
    5. Wow! Tq for ur prompt reply. I am so touched by ur kindness. Tq tq tq.
      I still have to apply liq foundation ya? 😢
      Yes I saw ur post about the Make up forever, but the foundation was still applied prior to the powder ya sis? Where can I get the sample to try?
      Do u wanna to get anything from here?
      Many many thanks again for replying

      Oya sis, do you know when or which month does Shiseido singapore normally having the sales? The price is definitely cheaper than Japan? Thanks again 😙😘😚

      Delete
    6. Naomi, you can use the Make Up For Ever powder by itself, it's just my way of using it. Can be used wet or dry too. You can go to the counter and get them to apply it on you. He he I don't visit these sales because they can get crazy. Sometimes ladies literally queue for an hour over to get in and then again to pay. I hate queuing :) thanks for the offer my dear. No more makeup for me for the time being.

      Delete
  2. Dear sexy mommy, thanks again for replying fast. So blessed to get your blog in time. Not necessary cosmetics, snacks may be? For your son? Arigatou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw.... You are such a sweetie. No snacks for us though, must keep an eye of that waistline. Lol. My not so little man doesn't snack too :) what I would love is to hear about your trip and haul.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.