Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Three 4D Eye Palette 09 Star Guitar


When I headed for the Three counter at Shinjuku Isetan last December, the only things on my mind were the Flash Performance pencils. From the website (yup I did research before going to the counter) I did not see any eye shadows that really interested me.

While waiting for my turn to be served, the Star Guitar palette caught my eye (that plum!), the swatch of that plum beckoned me. The rest of the colours did not really appealed to me because to me, they looked just too cool toned. The plum persuaded me to stop thinking and just get it, which I did. Heh! I am glad I listened to that plum, what an interesting palette it is for me.

The casing of Three's 4D Eye Palettes are functional. I won't call it luxurious but it serves its purpose. It is nothing to crow about but it is sturdy which is all I can ask for. That little dual ended brush is quite good actually. I love the little nubbly brush end so cute yet useful.



The shadows are to be honest on the sheerer side as compared to the Addiction shadows I bought recently. Like all typical Japanese brand eye shadows, there is always a sparkly eye shadow included. I don't mind that at all. You know what, the colours just go so well together. And even though the shades are a tad sheerer than what I use, I don't mind. It shows up on my lids perfectly. 

Here is how I used my Star Guitar palette.


First I applied a thin layer of my favourite eye primer, NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base, then with my finger I blended the plum shade all over my lids close to the lash line.


Next I applied the pinky beige shade on my lids, blending in with the plum. I used the lightest shade on my brow bones.



I tapped the sparkly shade on the middle of my lids for a little shine. Finally topped it off with black eyeliner and some falsies.



What an unexpected find! This isn't my normal cup of tea because I tend to gravitate towards warmer tones. Star Guitar was surprisingly well suited for my skin tone and I am amazed by the blendability of the shades. The cream plum shade did not smudge or crease on me throughout its wear time. The shadows were soft and finely milled. I did not experience any fallout from the sparkly shade too. What is there not to love?

I read that the cream shade will eventually dry out but there are ways to get it to ti top condition Here is an ingenious way by Bellyhead from Wondegondigo. I hope I won't need to use this method anytime too soon.

6000 Yen.

Ratings: 4+ lipsticks

5 comments:

  1. :O you look marvelous. I love how the mix of the tones work on your lids. I'm so glad you are enjoying Star Guitar!

    I know other's have not had issues with the cream, so hopefully you will not either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :O you look marvelous. I love how the mix of the tones work on your lids. I'm so glad you are enjoying Star Guitar!

    I know other's have not had issues with the cream, so hopefully you will not either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Belly, your blog was a great resource for me when I was in Japan and also the reason why I spent more lol. Cross my fingers that it won't dry out. What else is great for Three Belly?

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the look of this palette! You have no idea how envious I am of your palettes and purchases from japan! UGH! I actually now very much appreciate sheerer eyeshadows as I realize how much easier they are to wear and to blend. Gorgeous colors! I'd love something from THREE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm truly addicted to Japan and I'm plotting my next visit. I love palettes that are easy to use too, I bet you are going to go crazy when you visit Japan Sharlynn, go!

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.