Sunday, January 4, 2015

Travel Diaries: Sapporo, Furano and Shinjuku Makeup Edition 2014 (Picture Heavy)

Japan is a makeup paradise. Buying cosmetics was something I was really looking forward to. Even before flying I made a pit stop to DFS Changi to get just one item which was the Jurlique Herbal Recovery Mist. I have been dying to try it out. 


On the second day of being in Shinjuku, I made my boys hunt for Isetan. Isetan has all the big Japanese brands, namely, Suqqu, Addiction, Three and Laduree that we can't find in Singapore. I told myself that since I was in Japan I will only get Japanese brands. I skipped Laduree and Jill Stuart (which can be found at Takashimaya) because they were too princessy for my liking.


At Three, I only wanted the Flash Performance Eyeliner pencils. I have to be honest, I bought No. 08 Eye On before and didn't like it because it smudged on me. Don't ask me why I bought it again, I can't explain it myself. (Hides in a corner in shame.) My fingers happened to wander over to the eye palettes and I fell in love with 09 Star Guitar. I could not resist that plummy shade.


This was my haul at Addiction on my first trip to Isetan. This loot subsequently grew to include another two palettes when I visited setan for the second time. Two of these palettes are gifts for friends.


The final damage!



On the second last day, I had the day to myself while my boys did boy stuff. I took a leisurely stroll to Isetan yet again. The first trip was harried with two impatient boys bored out of their minds. This time around I could explored the whole store in peace. My impression is that the Japanese ladies are much more into cosmetics than the ladies here. On the two days I was at the beauty floor, I saw many ladies crowding around the various beauty counters. This was on weekdays in the mornings. I even had to take a queue number to be served at the Three counter. Usually in Singapore, the counters are deathly quiet.

Anyway I found the Jo Malone counter and indulged in two of the Intense Colognes. At Suqqu, I was colour matched for the Frame Fix Cream Foundation N.






There was a drugstore cosmetics everywhere. I was lucky to happen upon Matsumoto Kiyoshi on my way back to my hotel on my solo shopping trip. I popped in for a look. Three floors of Japanese skincare and cosmetics. Mind boggling. I also picked up stuff from Tokyu Hands and The Loft while I was at Sapporo. Here is my collective haul.


You know what, at the airport I had a few extra yen to spend and "cough cough" I bought more stuff.


My mission to completely burn my wallet was a success. Okay no more buying, I need to stop, seriously. My one regret, not being able to visit a Hakuhodo store. 

Detailed reviews coming soon.

11 comments:

  1. OMG I'm sooo jealous of your cosmetics haul!! Ahh! I recently received a bunch of Addiction products from my best friend who lives in japan but your eyeshadows and blush palette looks sooo stunning! Definitely can't find that online! (I asked my bestfriend to get me the products from a japanese online shop) I can't wait to see your reviews on the Three and Addiction products!! I probably need to make a trip to japan in the future just to buy some cosmetics and to eat! Hahaha! Yes, those brands totally drain on the wallet! But I'm sure they're well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I burned an enormous hole in my pocket. No more new makeup for the next 6 month me thinks. Nothing beats swatching for yourself to decide what colours are worth getting. Addiction is so much more affordable in Japan I think the online shops are selling it at very high markups. I thought quite a lot about what I would splurge on before I dared to venture into Isetan. Unplanned buying would have been worst. I am sure you will be visiting Japan soon. Do post pictures for your trip.

      Delete
  2. I really love that Sar guitar eye palate above. Looks like you found some really good items :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lynn, I'm sorry I made a typo error (blush) it is Star Guitar. It was love at first sight when I saw it and the swatches were to die for. I love the fact that they were pigmented and buttery feeling unlike normal Japanese eye shadows who tend to be sheer and sparkly. I am currently enjoying all my goodies. :)

      Delete
  3. you got great items <3 I've tried only one Japanese product - it was a drugstore eyeliner and I loved it so much:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caise, if you are ever in Japan, it is like makeup heaven. So many things to see so little money to buy them all ;)

      Delete
  4. Great buys! I understand totally about needing alone time to walk the beauty halls. I try not to make my friends wait too long for me when I go makeup shopping so it's usually quite rushed as I run from counter to counter. Next time I must fit in more time to explore :) Love your picks from Addiction! I was too overwhelmed by the eyeshadow selection so I just went for blushes this time. save something to look forward to next trip right :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was totally overwhelmed on my first trip and having two "boys" impatiently waiting did not help matters. The second trip was so much more satisfying. You know what, we should organise a girl's only beauty trip to Japan someday. No worries about making your friends wait. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi hi. Do you know if koyudo brushes can be found in sapporo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, I did not see and Koyudo stores at all while I was in Sapporo. I tried checking online but the site was in Japanese and I could not figure out what it is saying. I will keep a look out as I'll be heading there again this December.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.