Thursday, January 29, 2015

Tom Ford Lips and Boys 30 Francesco

You know how much of a lipstick hoarder I am right. I can't resist a good luxe lipstick for the life of me. Even though I was on the fence about my first Tom Ford lipstick Indian Rose (one I now reach out very often for a polished yet subtle look, hey one is entitled to change her opinion of things (blush) I couldn't help hyperventilating over the Lips and Boys collection.  I think releasing mini lipsticks is such a great idea. I get more colours for less and don't have to ever worry about ever finishing a full sized one.

I had to wait and wait and wait some more before I could get my hands on these. They were selling these in Singapore for SGD $50 a piece (wait $50 for a mini sized lipstick???). I was stalking the Nordstrom website and when it was released, I decided to go for it and get a few. I figured since I was getting a few I could save a little on the exchange rate.

It was so hard deciding which Boys to order! After poring through the online swatches I narrowed my choices to these few.

I bought for myself James, Michael, Francesco and Alejandro. Cary and Didier are for dear Ruby from Miaka's Life and Loves. After seeing Cary and Didier in person, I'm kicking myself for not getting them too. By the way I just have to say that giving them boy names is brilliant.

Anyway in case you are unaware, some of these boys are actually repromoted of existing shades. The Raeviewer has information about them. In fact, James, Alejandro, Cary and Didier are repromotes of existing colours.


Left to right top to bottom: Francesco, Michael, James, Didier, Cary and Alejandro

Well, I am going to start with Francesco because he was the first one I picked to wear out. Before going into the swatches though, I thought I would let you see the full sized and the mini sized version for comparison purposes. The mini sized version USD $32 is 0.07 oz as compared to the full sized version USD $50 at 0.1 oz. The mini version sports the same look and feel. It is as luxe as the full sized version but way cuter and easier to carry around.







Francesco is a bright cool fuchsia that brightens up my face. I am in love with this colour and now I want Cooper too. How greedy can I be? Back to Francesco, he is creamy and opaque at one swipe. Even though he is opaque, he never felt heavy on my lips. It isn't the most moisturizing lipstick but it does not dry out my lips. It has enough slip to glide on easily on my lips.



I am not sure why but this time around my first impressions of these simply blew me away. I am happy to own each and every one of my boys and would gladly add more to my harem cough. At USD $32, it is the price of a full sized lipstick in many cases and even though my practical and logical mind says that it is way too much to pay for a tiny thing like this, I would gladly lay more of money to own more. How crazy is that? There is no explanations but I am head over heels over this boy.

They are disappearing soon so get them while you still can. At the moment I am hunting for Cary unsuccessfully at that. If anyone knows how I can get Cary, give me a holler. 

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

7 comments:

  1. Love them! I bought nine, two were regrets but pleased with all the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Lily that's so cool. I'm thinking of getting more :) which two were your regrets and why?

      Delete
  2. Thats a really flattering bright pop of colour on you, I do wish I had got some more of the brighter shades instead, I might well pick up a few more when I do a selfridges order (assuming Suqqu spring even makes it on their website before it sells out).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clare, what are you getting from Suqqu :) which boy would you pick next if you had the chance?

      Delete
    2. I've ordered the #19 quad from Suqqu (the one with the blue shade in the Spring look) and am thinking about what else to get. In terms of boys, I llike the look of Patrick,Michael,Giacomo, Matthew and Didier (you know, just a few...) :)

      Delete
  3. Hey Jacqueline, Francesco looks so stunning on you! I have it as well, but I think you wear it better! I have three of these and for me that's plenty. I'd be OK if Tom Ford lowers the price and just gives us these smaller lipsticks instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all for lowering prices and giving us more options. :) hehe I have another 2 of these lippies coming my way. Copper and Didier.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.