Saturday, January 10, 2015

Burberry Winter Gow Collection 2014 - Lip Mist Oxblood No. 214 (Limited Edition Packaging)


I generally prefer Burberry Lip Covers as compared to Lip Mists because I prefer the creamy opaque finish. But for Oxblood I had to make the exception. Who could resist that gorgeous limited edition gold casing?





Oxblood is a deep red bordering on burgundy to my eyes. It is a semi sheer lipstick that becomes opaque after a few applications. If you are new into reds or dark colours, you can pat Oxblood lightly on your lips to give your lips a more stained look.

Sheer application
Applied thrice
Applied without lip liner
The above lip swatches were made without any lip liner so you can see how Oxblood looks. I personally like applying a lip liner to give my lips a more defined shape. I use Burberry's Lip Definer Shaping Pencil No. 05 in Brick Red which I feel goes well with Oxblood. In the picture below I wore it with Brick Red lip pencil.




I love Burberry lip products. This is no different. Lip Mist are however softer in texture so please make sure you do not put your Oxblood in your car or somewhere warm. Be careful when you take it to use. Don't press it too hard or you will find your xblood damaged. If you can't find the one with the limited edition casing, you still can find Oxblood in the normal gunmetal casing.

SGD $43

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

13 comments:

  1. Hey Jacqueline, this is such a pretty shade on you! Thanks for the warning about the softer texture tho. I'd be sooo upset if I accidentally damage such a beautiful lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I damaged my Blush Lip Mist last year because I pressed down too hard while applying it on my lips :( I don't want that happening to anyone else. Thanks Sunny for your compliment I really love this color.

      Delete
  2. Oxblood looks gorgeous on you, Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this shade on you! I think I might still pick this one up as I do really like the lip mist formula. I'm looking forward to the Spring collection, though it doesn't look all uploaded yet on their site, I'm sure everyone will be wanting the blusher x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my what blush? I have not seen it yet. Yes, you have to get Oxblood, I'm sure you will look great with it.

      Delete
    2. This one,
      http://www.fashioninsight.co.uk/news/burberry-unveils-limited-edition-blush-palette/

      Think we both NEED it ;)

      Delete
    3. Clare, the Rain or shine blush? It's so cute!

      Delete
    4. Yep, it looks lovely, just did a check and its been delayed to a february release now.

      Delete
  4. Its a pretty one indeed. Its prettier when you used a lip pencil with it. Great choice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ana yup I prefer using a lip pencil. My lips aren't very defined so I need all the help I can get.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.