Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Burberry Winter Glow Collection 2014 - Complete Eye Palette Gold No. 2 Limited Edition


Good morning! Hilton bear says hi! I love this little fella, I found him on my pillow when I stayed at the Hilton Tokyo n December and I had to bring him home.

As you can see my makeup is not photographed on my regular white background (I use drawing paper). I am not particularly artistic when it comes to arranging my pieces for photography. (Blush) Anyway I bought my Burberry Winter  Glow items just before my trip to Japan and being the person I am, I had to bring them along to play with. I thought to myself why not make use of what I have to take pictures.

I was going to skip out on this collection because I have been telling myself I need to be more selective. Since I bought the Guerlain holiday collection, I really did not need another neutral eye shadow palette. Needless to say a trip to swatch at the Burberry counter at Tangs proved my undoing. I was unable to resist the metallic neutrals and it is very different from the Guerlain palette.





I am so pleased with the limited edition gold packaging. It makes it look so special and another good excuse to get it just because. It is exactly the same size and has the applicators as the regular Burberry eye palettes.







For this look I used the platinum shade (second shade from the left) on my lids.


I used the dark brown shade (first shade from the right) on the outer corner of my eye lids and the lightest shade (first shade on the left) for the brow bones.


I added the lightest shade on the inner corner of my eyelids for a little shine. And my liquid eyeliner. Tada!





I must say I am particularly pleased with the quality of the eye shadows. They feel buttery and are pigmented. This palette is not too warm and I believe is suitable for many skintones. The metallic formula just glows on my lids. Total love.

SGD $85

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful palette and good that you bought it! By the time I decide to buy it after thinking and procrastinating, they were all sold out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't even going to pick this up until I happened to swatch it. There will always be nicer and better palettes so you are not missing out.

      Delete
  2. With the shades that it has, it is def suitable for all skin tones. This is what I like about it and the pigmentation looks great as well. Its def a must have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Emma :) the pigmentation of this palette is superb.

      Delete
  3. It of course looks great on you. Burberry did really well on his palette I think, shame they don't add it to the regular lline up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clare :) I think the whole idea is the stir makeup crazy people like us in a frenzy and make us rush to get it.

      Delete
  4. I totally want to treat myself to a quad from them, the pinky brown one! Or a single shadow at least! Gorgeous textures, the packaging is divine too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get the quad Sharlynn! The newer released ones are great quality shadows.

      Delete
  5. The golden shades in this quad suits you very well babe! Im glad you picked this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meryl, I do love the colours in this palette.

      Delete
  6. I am so glad you are pleased with the quad! It is definitely my favorite from holiday 2014. I'm hoping Burberry will make more of these with the same great quality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree Sunny, cross our fingers and hope Burberry continues to churn out great quality palettes like this.

      Delete
  7. Hilton bear is soooo cute!!!! Squeal!!! I love the way you wore this palette, and i really need to remember to take it out for more love too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilton bear now oversees my living room out of harms way from my kitties :) thank you Linda. I'm always neglecting my oldies for newer toys. I must take out my older toys to play with too. Which is your newest acquisition?

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.