Thursday, December 4, 2014

Tom Ford Lip Color Matte 04 Pussycat


I seriously could not resist Tom Ford Lip Color Matte in Pussycat. I wanted something other than a red, a more wearable color and the name simply said buy me. I think my Lady Snow agrees with me too.



Pussy Cat is a mauve pink. It has enough colour so it does not wash me out. It is a very easy colour to wear.

When compared with Black Dahlia, Pussy Cat is a much easier colour to wear.  still prep my lips with my lip balm but I did not bother to exfoliate my lips. The finish is a semi matte finish. It is creamy and opaque. The best part, it reapplies beautifully unlike Black Dahlia which became darker with every application.



Out of the three colours, I find Pussycat to be the least fussy to apply and a really joy to wear. It felt comfortable and did not dry out my lips. Black Dahlia and Velvet Cherry are stunning shades, they however need more care when applying. If you want a slap and go colour, I definitely suggest Pussy Cat but if you love jewelled colors and don't mind putting in a little more effort, Black Dahlia and Velvet Cherry are worth that effort.

The price tags for these pretties are steep though. I bet you can find equally stunning shades for less but it is Tom Ford. The price tag comes with a luxurious mahogany looking lip casing.

Ratings: 4 lipstick
Top to bottom: Pussycat, Velvet Cherry and Black Dahlia

As an added bonus, I pulled out my other Tom Ford Lip Color Indian Rose for a comparison. As you can see Pussycat is more mauvey whereas Indian Rose has a more warm tone to it.


Left to right: Indian Rose and Pussycat
 Here are the wearable pinks that I wear when I don't feel like wearing a bright shade.


Left to right: TF India Rose, TF Pussycat, Suqqu Asasuo, Suqqu Hanabeni and Shiseido Romance

10 comments:

  1. I'm hesitating with the TF matte line. I'm not sure if I should get or not! Please convince me why I should, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharina, to be honest if you intend to get the less dramatic colours, there are other brands that will give a better formula at the same price point. The bright reds and plums are the highlight but then again quite fussy to apply. Save your money for a Burberry or Rouge G instead.

      Delete
  2. That is seriously a gorgeous mauvey pink color! It's sooo perfect on your skintone! I've gotten a similar shade from Bourjoise recently and its texture is sooo similar to the YSL rouge volupte lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you babe. You must have been very happy with your buy Sharlynn. The YSL formula is very nice.

      Delete
  3. Hey Jacqueline, Pussycat looks SOOOO good on you!!! I'm glad to see the formula is better with this one as well. I think I'll skip this because my skin tone tends to pull ALL the mauve out. It'll end up looking too mauvy, and I'm not sure I'm on board with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that this colour would have looked great on you. I guess we all have certain colours that we can't pull off, I for one cannot do nudes.

      Delete
  4. Love that shade on you. I was eyeing that one so am going to have to get it now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it will suit your computing Clare. I'm now eyeing the mini lipstick collection released recently, so many colours that I want.

      Delete
  5. Pussy Cat is indeed a stunning shade, one that i myself would wear! Looks lovely on you... :) Happy holidays dear Jacq!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy I can totally see you rocking Pussycat.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.