Thursday, December 11, 2014

Celebrating my 41st birthday (Picture heavy post)

I am not sure if you have noticed but my posts have become slightly erratic lately. I have been so busy with work and rehearsals. I finally have a bit of breather to sit down and write this post. My posts will probably still be irregular and I won't be posting until January because I am going to Japan! I have always wanted to go and I'll be off next week so sayonara for a little while.

Yup you read it right my dears I'm now 41 years young. Not any wiser by any means but a lot happier. I just celebrated my birthday last Friday. It was a quiet one since I was also preparing for my performance on Saturday.

Hubs took me to Assembly Coffee for a couples only brunch before taking me to my favourite place Gardens By The Bay. Then it was back home to my son for birthday cake and family time. DS was so sweet to offer his services for the day so I did not have to lift a finger. I felt like a queen.

The food at Assembly Coffee was delicious. The bun from the pulled pork sandwich was pillowy soft and the green apples inside added that delicious tang. I am a waffle and pancake girl, so that waffle was devoured in less than 10 minutes.


Pulled pork sandwich
Salted caramel waffles











Home cooked meal made by the hubs
And here is a picture taken from my performance. I really love this picture.


Anyway I am very thankful for what I have. A loving husband who supports me in all I do, a darling son and finally my two cats who have somehow completed our family within the three short months of being with us. I am thankful for being able to do things I love and the opportunities given to me. I am also very thankful for having this platform to express my thoughts and having you dear readers who bother to read my nonsense.

I wish you an advance Merry Christmas,  will see you in the new year!

13 comments:

  1. Love what you wrote in the last paragraph. Happy Birthday again and have a great holiday! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday :) That food looks yum, lucky you going to Japan, should hopeffully be some quite interesting makeup brands to pick up xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Clare, thank you. I'm going to head for the Addiction counter and get me some blushes and eye shadow. I'm still thinking whether I should visit the Laduree store.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday, Jacq!!! Here's to a younger and happier you ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ Have loads of fun in Japan! Don't forget to check out Three while you're there ๐Ÿ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah, I'm going to check Suqqu, Addiction and now Three. I am wondering whether I should even bother with Laduree. What do you think?

      Delete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday, love! Enjoy your trip to Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jacqueline, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE 41!!! Like no way! Glad to hear you had a great birthday and a killer performance the day after. Have fun in Japan! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes way Sunny :) I'm at the point where age is but a number it's what we do and feel that matters plus tons of good skincare and self love. Thank you Sunny, I'm very honored that you always take the time to comment on my posts I hope one day we will get to meet in person cos I'd love to give you a hug.

      Delete
  6. Shut up you are not 41, are you serious?! You look amazing.Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.