Monday, November 24, 2014

Tom Ford Cream Color for eyes 01 Platinum


I love cream eye shadows a lot. Tom Ford Cream Color for Eyes are in a class of their own. I first came across them when Tom Ford released Escapade and Pink Haze during the summer 2013 collection. (You can see swatches and read my review of them here) I jumped at the opportunity to pick up Platinum and Spice this time round. Thank you Ruby!




I am going to show you Platinum first. It got jiggled around a lot during shipment and therefore quite a lot of product was stuck on the cap. Not that I mind. Platinum is a gorgeous taupe.



It has a lightweight cream that glides onto my lids and stays put. I do not experience any fading or creasing at all with this. It can be layered on. One layer for a sheer metallic taupe shade and just layer on for an intense look. It applied evenly and does not become patchy even after multiple layers. It plays well with the rest of my cream shadows. I tried it over Laura Mercier's Rosegold Caviar Stick. It works as a great base for powder eye shadows too. 

By the way, I feel this works best when applied with fingers. I gently pat it on my lids and blend it out. It does not set immediately which means I have time to blend it out.

You can choose to do a simple one colour look or layer it over your other eye products. Here I used Platinum on my eyelids. I added the darkest shade from my Guerlain Petrouchka palette on the outer corner of my lids for a little more depth.





At USD $42, these are about the most expensive cream color eye shadows ever. To me, they are worth the price tag. Platinum is just such a pretty shade that will work on most skin tones. The quality is top notch. It stays put until I decide to take if off. It does not crease or fade on my oily lids. Best f all, I love how easy it is to blend this out.

I had my old Tom Ford cream shadows for a little over a year now and they are as creamy as the first time I opened them up. I am hoping these will keep for a long time. Be sure to cap them immediately after scooping some product out to extend the longevity of these babies.

I took out some cream eye shadows I own that seemed to be quite similar.

Left to right: Tom Ford Cream Color Platinum, Laura Mercier Cream Eye shadow Alloy and Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Amethyst
To my eyes, Platinum seems to have more brown and warmer as compared to Alloy. Alloy is the closest match and the more affordable option should you miss out on Platinum which is limted edition by the way.  

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

7 comments:

  1. The Tom Ford Cream Color Platinum is such a beauty! Its a perfect color for this season. So excited to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess, you are absolutely right about that. It's such a universal shade for everyone. Get it before it disappears.

      Delete
  2. Thats very pretty on you, I can't make up my mind to get this or not, some reviews I've seen where people are wearing it the look is a bit too shimmery and more of a medium tone (I tend to use light colours for cream shadows) but I really like how it looks on you, I'll need to make my mind up beofre it sells out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me babe, I like my bling lol. You will probably wt to wear this close to your lids as an accent colour instead of all over.

      Delete
  3. OH DAMN. The color is just bang on gorgeous! I love love rich shimmery brown shades like that and this looks so rich and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharlynn, this is such a gorgeous shade. I love that it is so easy to blend as well. Get it babe. :)

      Delete
  4. I really love these cream shadows too, but damnit they're expensive! And Platinum just doesn't show up well on me at all. Spice is big big love! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.