Sunday, November 2, 2014

Tatcha Gold Camellia Nourishing Lip Balm


Dear Ruby, my fellow makeup enabler asked me if I wanted to try the Tatcha lip balm and of course I had to jump on the opportunity. I have been seeing Tatcha around the blogosphere but since it wasn't available in Singapore, I put it at the back of my mind. I was not in a hurry to dabble in Tatcha just yet. But since the opportunity presented itself, I grabbed it.

(Information from the Tatcha website)


What it is:
This intensely hydrating lip balm absorbs quickly and smoothly, leaving lips soft and touchable. The 24-karat gold leaf crushes upon application.

Why it's different:
Hand-laid 24-karat gold leaf adds a touch of sensual shimmer. 

Who it's for:
Ideal for all skin types.




Just opening the box is a wonderful experience. Call me silly but the act of pulling that little drawer that contains the lip balm was a pleasure.






To be honest, that 24 karat gold leaf does nothing for me. Does it have any particular benefit or is it just suppose to be something that suppose to look more aesthetically pleasing? It is just me but I have always felt that putting gold leaf on food or products was ostentatious and entirely unnecessary. I would have liked it better without it. I felt somewhat guilty about dabbing my fingers and destroying that gold leaf. There was no way I could work around it without touching it. In the end I was like what the heck, just use it as it was meant to be.

The texture was pleasant and less tacky and thick as compared to the Be Terry Baume De Rose. I definitely prefer applying this to the By Terry version. It is absorbed quickly onto my lips and leaves it soft and moisturised. I don't feel like that is a thick layer on my lips.

I like to prep my lips with lip balm before applying lipstick. And this lip balm does a good job preparing my lips without interfering with my lipstick. My lipstick glides on smoothly without sliding all over the place. For me that's the biggest plus.

I'm totally pleased with the price tag. I paid SGD $36 for this as compared to the $90 price tag for the By Terry one.

You can check out my review of the By Terry Baume De Rose here.



Ratings: 5 lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. This looks soooo beautiful! So simple and that piece of gold leaf just makes it seem so luxurious! I definitely would be happy to shell out my money to try this balm! I always am using a lipbalm of some sort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Sharlynn, I must always have a lip balm handy.

      Delete
  2. I think I would go for that Terry Baume De Rose. It seems a better one than that gold leaf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep my By Terry for when I go to bed at night and need to moisturize my lips. Have you tried it?

      Delete
  3. I don't know if my original comment went through. Dang smartphone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweetie, I didn't get your first comment. :( how have you been?

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.