Sunday, October 12, 2014

YSL Baby Doll Kiss and Blush 5 Rouge Effrontee and 7 Corail Affranchi


Today I have for you another two of YSL's Baby Doll Kiss and Blush for review. I'm really lucky to have sweet friends who know me so well and understand my craving for makeup. Thank you M for Rouge Effrontee. Kiss!

In my previous reviews of Fuchsia Desinvolte and Pink Hedoniste, I find the lighter shades to look better on me as blush than lip shades.




Corail Affranchi is a gorgeous peachy orange shade. 






Rouge Effronte looks like a coral red to me.



This is how Rouge Effronte layered over my Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Pencil in Orange Red looks like on my lips.





I still prefer using these as blushes instead of lip products because I just can't get past the fact that if I use the applicator on my lips, the applicator is going back into the bottle and perhaps contaminate the rest of the product. I'm also just too lazy to use a separate lip brush to scoop out the product. I might put in the extra effort for Rouge Effronte but not Corail Affranchi, it is just too light as a lip shade on me.

That being said, I think these a lovely textures for a blush. They blend well into a matte veil of colour and it stays on for about 5 hours through sweat.

I don't like them much as lip products because even though they aren't drying but they don't feel balmy or moisturizing enough for me (I'm kinda spoilt that way).

Ratings: 3++ lipsticks

8 comments:

  1. I use my Kiss and Blush only for my cheeks as well:) mine is a little drying, I don't feel comfortable wearing it on my lips:)
    the red one looks especially gorgeous on you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stick to using them as cheek products too. Which ones do you have?

      Delete
  2. I love how they look! I've been eyeing some of the rosy, mauvey type shades from this line! I really love the texture and how they look dried down! Love the coral one on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharlynn, I seriously need to stay away from anymore corals and oranges and get a pink one. Which shades are you eyeing my dear?

      Delete
  3. Somehow I'm very enamoured with these Kiss and Blushes! I prefer them as blushes too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so handy to use aren't they Hannah.

      Delete
  4. I really like both of these on you, I've swatched these at the counter but can't seem to find a shade I think would work on me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Clare, I guess the shades can be hits and misses.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.