Friday, October 3, 2014

Nude lipsticks for medium skin tones NC 30 to 35


Today I am going to feature my favourite nude lipsticks. As you are well aware, I don't really wear much nude lipsticks. I prefer a bright lip because it brightens and enlivens a face instantly. But I do love to wear smokey eyes occasionally and a nude lipstick balances out the entire look. Red lips would just be too much.


I do not specifically go out to buy nude lipsticks. Out of these 4 that I have featured I only bought the Dior Addict in 333 Nude eons ago. The Burberry Lip Mist and Rouge Dior Nude are samples I scored. The Make Up For Ever Rouge Natural was a press sample I received.


Left to right: Dior Rouge Dior Nude Grege, Dior Addict in 333 Nude, Burberry Lip Mist in Copper and Make Up For Ever Rouge Natural Artist N5

As you can see, against the bright morning sun, they look almost orange. Honestly when swatched side by side, there is minimal shade difference. Grege has more of a rosy tint and Copper is has the sheerest texture and looks more brown.

Anyway if you have my kind of skin tone, stick to sheer glossy nudes with more brown or rose so that you don't appear washed out. Anything too light or pale makes me look sickly. I also find matte finishes to be very unforgiving and least attractive looking. 

Here are my individuals reviews.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I too although I'm light in complexion stay away from white, pinky, flesh toned nudes, they aren't flattering and make your teeth look yellow and skin look dead! I love swatches of the Dior Addict and MUFE, I've been seeing some beautiful MUFE lipsticks and would love a nude shade!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.