Monday, October 6, 2014

Make Up For Ever Instant Brush Cleaner


You know when you are a lazy girl like me, you will look for ways of getting out of doing stuff. I know I should be washing my brushes more often but sometimes I just want a quick clean. That's where the Make Up For Ever Instant Brush Cleanser comes in. 

I use to use the MAC Brush Cleaner for ages for I found out that they were quite harsh and rusted the metal ferrule of my Hakuhodo brushes. For a long time, I sucked it up and faithfully washed my face brushes once a week and my eye brushes on alternate weeks. 

But you know how sometimes you use your eye brush for a dark colour and on the next day you want to use the same brush again but you can't because it is dirty and sometimes wiping the brush on a tissue paper just isn't going to cut it. The Make Up For Ever Instant Brush Cleaner is just great for that. 

(Taken from the Make Up For Ever website)


Instant Brush Cleanser cleans, purifies and protects all synthetic fiber and natural hair makeup brushes. Its gentle, alcohol-free formula is enriched with mint essential oils and perfectly removes the most pigmented and lono lasting textures. Cleanse brushes daily for the longest use. Quick drying.



Generously spray the brush cleanser on a tissue and wipe any product from the brush fibers. Reapply if necessary. Wipe any excess product with a dry tissue. If the brushes are quite dirty, soak them in a recipient (the cap) filled with brush cleanser. Remove excess of product and let air dry on a flat surface.



Isododecane, Glyceryl Caprylate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, CI 61565 (Green 6), Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol.




So here is how I go about cleaning my portable face brush. I don't advise you do this often. A good wash with soap and water is still the best to get rid of all the dirt. This is when you seriously don't have the time.

All you need is a tissue paper.



I spray about three pumps onto the tissue paper and if you can see, the tissue paper is wet.


I gently brush my face brush to and fro the wet portion of the tissue paper.


After one round of cleaning, my brush looks cleaner.


I'm still not satisfied. I want it cleaner so I spray another round on another tissue paper and brush my brush to and fro one more time. This time it is much cleaner. I leave it to dry for a few minutes and it is good to go.

I really how convenient this is. It is great for travel. Best part is the fact that it is gentle on my beloved brushes.

SGD $32

Rating: 4 lipsticks

2 comments:

  1. I bought a small bottle of this during Sephora's last sale. It's the first instant brush cleanser I've tried.
    You know, I didn't really like it. Sure, it got the colour off my brushes, but it I didn't like the residue that remained. I've gone back to using a small towel for colour changes and deep cleaning with plain ol' soap and water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually that is a really good method, I have noticed any residue on my brushes though. I have been super duper lazy lately, I am so embarrassed to say.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.