Friday, October 24, 2014

Guerlain Kiss Kiss Shaping Cream Lip Colour 325 Rouge Kiss


I perk up whenever I hear of new lipstick releases especially from brand I like. I'm lipstick crazy. Guerlain has a special place in my heart. Between the Automatiques and the Rouge Gs, I prefer the Rouge Gs because of their opacity and creaminess. I knew I had to get one of the Kiss Kiss lipsticks to try. Dear Ruby from Miaka's Life and Loves, my partner and neighbour in crime offered to pick one for me at the DFS and I jumped at the chance. I also decided to wing it and have her surprise me with a colour of her picking and she selected Rouge Kiss.


I love the beautiful black casing. It has heft but not as heavy as the Rouge G. I love black casings the most because they look very sleek.








Left to right: One swipe versus two swipes
To me, Rouge Kiss is a vibrant coral red colour. I do agree when I read that bloggers say that Kiss Kiss is a cross between the Automatique and Rouge G. I feel that it is creamy and opaque. It glides smoothly on my lips and is kind to my lips after a full day of wear. It isn't drying on me either. I did hear that the ones with shimmer fare a little worse but I'm not sure, would anyone care to share your thoughts if you bought one with shimmer?


I have the perfect "underwear" for my Rouge Kiss. Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip in 25C.



My blue eye liner look to go with my bright coral red lips.


The rest of my makeup for that day.


I am thoroughly enjoying the new Guerlain offering and don't mind getting more. I love luxe lipsticks and this fits the bill perfectly. 

There are a total of 25 shades.

Evonnz has fantastic lip swatches of the entire range. I am eyeing 344 named Sexy Cool but on Nordstrom it is called Sexy Coral.

USD $37. SGD $42.30 at DFS.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. Love your color pairing! I'm a huge fan of cobalt blues like that one the eyes! So stunning on your complexion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love this blue eye liner, just the right blue and stays on until I take it off. Thanks babe.

      Delete
  2. Thats a very you colour, and I really like how you have paired it with the blue eyeliner, really works well together x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clare, I love bright lip colours. :) I'm so glad that Ruby picked the perfect shade for me.

      Delete
  3. I wanted to get 343 yesterday at Sephora while the 20% is on. But it was OOS... not meant to be :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went down to Sephora yesterday hoping to pick a Guerlain primer but not meant to be either. Telling myself to take it easy on the spending but I picked up some gorgeous shadows from MUFE plus some staples. I ordered the Guerlain Christmas collection too!!! Eeks! So excited about that.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.