Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Giorgio Armani Ecstasy CC Lipstick 510 Dolci




(Taken from Giorgio Armani Website)

With Rouge Ecstasy, the Giorgio Armani laboratories push the boundaries of the exceptional even further with the first “CC” lipstick. “Color  and Care” – new innovative hybrid product that marks the start of a new era in lipstick.

Care: Rouge Ecstasy offers the comfort and softness of a lip balm, leaving lips repaired and beautifully enhanced day after day.

Color: This velvety soft, everyday lipstick coats the lips in saturated, ultra-luminous shades with impeccable hold. Application is simple, precise and effective.

Rouge Ecstasy is available in 36 luminous shades—a broad palette of intense and vibrant colors to enhance and satisfy every desire. All of the Rouge Ecstasy shades are inspired from a particular memory or association for Mr Armani. From Italy and Milan to the Red Carpet and Hollywood stars.


I have been wanting to try the Giorgio Armani Ecstasy CC lipstick for ages. Unfortunately every time I visit the DFS Orchard counter I don't seem to find a colour that I wanted to own. I hate that we seem to get a smaller selection of colours as compared to what is really available. There is supposed to be 36 shades but unfortunately we don't get to see all the colours here.

I decided to ask my lovely friend to score Dolci while she was overseas. Based on the online swatches, I thought Dolci would be a great colour and it is!




I would describe Dolci as a warm red toned rose with hints of brown. It isn't opaque but it isn't very sheer either. When I first applied it on my lips, I was slightly surprised by its hard texture. Normally sheer lipsticks are quite soft. This hard texture doesn't affect how it glides smoothly on my lips. It just feels different from the norm. It feels balmy and moisturizing.

The casing has a heft to it and looks like the Rouge D'armani. The is a magnetic thingamajig that ensures that your favorite lipstick cap doesn't fall out and proceed to colour the entire contents of your makeup pouch. Just that it is red in colour. It is just me but I am not feeling for the red colour casing.


I think this is a great lipstick. It feels luxurious on my lips and differs from my usual opaque lipsticks. Dolci is a easy to wear colour that looks refined. Something I slap on my lips when I can't think of what lip colour to wear with my eye shadows. I definitely prefer this to my Chanel Rouge Coco Shines because it gives me more colour.

US $34

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

4 comments:

  1. I really think this is a gorgeous rosy nude shade! More reddish than nude but it really looks great on your complexion! I however would love a coco shine for those days where I just really need moisture and not too much color! I too don't love the red tube. I've never liked red for packaging for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just find red packaging very dated sometimes. I have to agree about the coco shines, I reach for them when I want a more natural look too. Which are your favs?

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.