Friday, September 12, 2014

Philosophy Brighten My Day Expert Dark Spot and Pore Whitening Peel Pen


I got sucked into buying this at Sephora because I wanted the lighten my sun spots near my eye area. I have always been plagued by sunspots (definitely because of my beach going ways) and acne scars. I am constantly looking out for products that say they can lighten up dark spots.



See what I mean. I have two especially dark pesky spots on both my cheek area.






In order to get product out, I press on the silver button as shown as enough product comes out to dab on my troublesome areas. The texture is a lightweight gel which absorbs easily into my skin. There is no detectable scent. I have used this faithfully twice a day for two months on my two problem areas but unfortunately I have not seen an visible lightening of my dark spots so boo!

Does anyone out there have better success with this product? I would love to hear your thoughts.

SGD $69

Ratings: 1 lipstick

7 comments:

  1. have you tried serum with vit C? I had pretty bad sun spots around my eyes as well and it's helped me a lot, they're still there but they are less visible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not honestly looked specifically for serums with vitamin c, time to go shopping :) thanks my dear for your suggestion.

      Delete
  2. Hey Jacqueline, so sorry to hear this is a dud for you! Have you tried anything with a higher AHA content? Or like Daria said, maybe something with vitamin C?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jacqueline, so sorry to hear this is a dud for you! Have you tried anything with a higher AHA content? Or like Daria said, maybe something with vitamin C?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually looked for stuff with higher AHA content, do you have any serums that you have used before that worked? I'll definitely hunt for one soon thanks my dear.

      Delete
    2. Hey Jacqueline, my face isn't always OK with AHA, but I do like the Caudalie Polyphenol C15 serum. It contains vitamin C, and it helps my post-acne pigmentation fade faster. I suppose it'll work for spots, too!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.