Sunday, September 21, 2014

Givenchy Le Rouge 204 Rose Boudoir


I have been wanting to try a Le Rouge lipstick from Givenchy for ages. I came across them from Mostly Sunny's blog and I said to myself I had to try these. The words creamy and opaque simple caught my attention. Check out all the posts on Le Rouges here. (She has all the swatches here) I made my way to Sephora Ion to swatch these and decided to bring Rose Boudoir home with me.

There are a total of 24 shades when I checked out the Sephora website but I don't think the local counter has all the shades available.







I have to say that I really love the packaging. The leather like casing is just so different and bad ass.




Rose Boudoir is a bright rose shade on me. It is creamy and feels heavenly when it glides across my lips. It is opaque in one swipe and though emollient, it does not slip and slide all over. There was a faint scent and taste which I wasn't particularly fond of but it goes away very quickly.



Le Rouge is very kind on my lips. It doesn't make them dry out; After wear, my lips are still soft and supple, none of that nasty flaking business. It is such a joy to apply too.

I am totally willing to put up with the initial faint scent and taste because I love the formula and the bad ass packaging. I feel like a total bad ass rocker chick when I tote this around. Heh!

Hm.... what will be my next shade? What are your favourites?

SGD $50

Ratings: 4- lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. I really love how pink it is on your lips and complexion! I thought it would be much deeper and redder! I love the shade, the formula sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it wasn't so expensive though. I know I want more, I'll probably get this online or at DFS Changi if I get a chance. Thanks babe.

      Delete
  2. wow I love this packaging! this shade looks gorgeous on you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caise, the casing is just so nice! Have you tried these?

      Delete
  3. Beautiful colour on you, I've looked at these but can't seem to find a colour that I think would suit me, its a waiting game I guess as am sure they will release a shade at some point that I will want :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clare, I'm basically very easy to please, give me a bold shade and im all over it 😃

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.