Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner



I think this is one of the most blogged about eye liner! I got sucked into buying this after hearing about how smudge proof it is. And who doesn't want to finally master the all elusive cat flick?

I missed the initial launch of this so I was waiting for it t officially release. When I finally bought it, I felt like a won a prize. So was it all that it claims to be be?




Instead of a pull out cap, this requires you to unscrew it. There is a little orange stopper that is attached on the nib which you have to pull off before you can use it. This uses a twist mechanism at the end of the liner. I needed to twist it quite a few times before I could see product coming out.



I have to say that the AccuFlex tip does make a sharp and crisp line on my arm swatch. I like how easy I can make a cat flick with this but that's about all. I found it harder to line my eyes with this as compared to my liquid liners. The consistency of this gel liner is also dry. It took a little getting use to exactly how much product is needed. I tried lining my bottom lid just to experiment. It was difficult and the line looks horrible.


After about two hours of wear, my liner smudged and I had the dreaded panda eyes. Boo!



I have resorted to using this only to get my flick and using my trusty Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner to go over the lines to make sure they are budge proof. I have had slight success. On some days it works but on some days it still smudges. What a disappointment!

SGD $38

Ratings: 1 lipstick

2 comments:

  1. Aww, that's too bad that is smudges like that! I mean, it's not the worst smudge but no one wants smudging when you've only applied on the bottom! I personally would much rather just use gel from a pot. I think to make it work better wear a powder eyeshadow on your lids and brush some powder on the under eye, I find that this helps me prevent as smudging or if there is fallout it's easier to brush away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sharlynn, I don't make it a habit to line the bottom of my eye lids because it smudges no matter what I use. I really love gel pot eye liners but so far I haven't found one that doesn't smudge and I have tried a lot.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.