Thursday, August 7, 2014

Shu Uemura S Curler review


The one thing I am very faithful about is my lash curler. I have been buying the Shu Uemura lash curler for years. When I heard about the S Curler, I knew I wanted to try it. It was also such a coincidence that my old lash curler was at the end of its life. Time to dump it and try something new.

Why did I want to try this? Well the notion of being able to curl my lashes right at the corner of my eyes was wonderful. I can't ever get to those lashes with the normal lash curlers. I also tend to ruin my fake lashes when I use the normal lash curlers to curl them.




Looks like a torture device right? Well there is a learning curve that goes with using the S Curler. The first few times were a pain, I pinched my lids a couple of times. I am getting better at it though.

I am not in love wit this curler to be truthful. I have short and sparse lashes. Although the S curler does curl my lashes I don't feel that it is as good as the old Shu Uemura curler I own. It isn't very obvious that I curled my lashes. Either I am not doing it right or perhaps on longer lusher lashes it works better.

After using this for about 2 months I kinda gave up. I stopped using this altogether.

It costs SGD $30. As much as I like the fact that now I can curl the lashes at the corner of my eyes is great, I don't see much of a difference between curled and uncurled lashes. I want my old Shu Uemura lash curler back.

Ratings: 2 lipsticks

8 comments:

  1. What a shame is doesn't measure up to the old version. I keep meaning to try lash curlers again, I caught my skin once really bad and haven't been back to them since, think I will try the original shu ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch Clare, I did that the first few times I used a lash curler too but now it's better. Out of desperation I bought a sephora one and luckily it works fine for me. So much for interesting looking contraptions that do zip.

      Delete
  2. I've read some mixed review of it so I decided to skip it. Too bad it didn't work for you. Have you tried Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler? I heard it's great:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Caise, Kevin Aucoin isn't available locally so nope I'm not tried it. I bought a Sephora one recently out of sheer desperation and it works well on me. whew!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the super honest review Jacqueline! I was about to get this at duty free some months back but was afraid that the piece would be too small to curl all my lashes at once and I'm glad I bought the classic curler from them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't curl all your lashes at one, you need yo curl them by sections.mit takes more time and the curled lashes aren't very obvious so better to stick to the original version.

      Delete
  4. AH! Thank you so much for this review! I was so curious about this little curler when it was released and glad to hear about your experiences with this. Ok, so this comes OFF my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bellyhead, I got so pissed off using this thing that I forgoed using an eye lash curler for quite some time. I finally got my hands on a Sephora one and you know what anything is better than this S curler especially if you have short stubby lashes like mine.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.