Friday, August 1, 2014

NARS Final Cut Collection Satin Lip Pencil Descano


I really love Satin Lip Pencil. I have been hoping that NARS would come up with more. When I saw the Final Collection, I was very happy to see 4 new colours added. However the 4 new lip pencils veer towards the light and nudish range. 

Stourhead
Villa Lante
Descano
Torres Del Paine

You can check out The Beauty Look Book's amazing swatches.

Based on her swatches I decided to get Descano hoping that it would look natural on me.





In my heart I kinda had a niggling feeling it was going to be too pale for me and true enough it wasn't love at first application. It is a pale nude on me. I look sick!

I figured out a way not to look too sickly though. I used my Make Up For Ever  Aqua lip liner in 2C to fill in my lips. Then I applied Decano over it. See it looks slightly better.





I bought a dud. I have enough nude lippies to last me a life time and I don't need anymore. I wish it was a tad darker though that I would be able to wear it without hassle.

Ratings: 2+ lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. Aw, so sorry to hear it wasn't love! It looks really good but then youve got a lip liner on underneath! I'm currently looking to buy some nude shades, brown nudes, because my lips are soooo rose naturally! thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharlynn, for nude shades I prefer the more emollient and sheer ones, they look more forgiving. Somehow opaque nude just looks aweful on me.

      Delete
  2. Awww I'm so sorry to hear this isn't love for you! I thought about getting this, but now I can really safely pass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...I thought it was darker on lips and yeah its too nude. I wish it was darker too then I would get it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.