Saturday, August 9, 2014

Happy 49th National Day Singapore!


I just got home but I was so stoked about tonight's National Day celebrations that I had to share it with you before I go to bed. Truth be told we aren't really a family big on going to crowded places (we avoid them like crazy) or celebrating National Day. But this year we just wanted to get out of the house and do something different. We ended up at Marina Barrage Green Roof for a picnic and to watch the fireworks. Getting there was actually a breeze and at 5 p.m. the Green Roof was still relatively spacious when many places to park our yoga mat (yup you heard it right, I sacrificed my yoga mat for this expedition because we couldn't find our picnic mat anywhere).

It was not too hot and very breezy. Lazing around and lying on a mat and doing nothing is such a decadent treat while we waited. 

I leave you with some pictures I took. I hope you had a great National Day as well.

I love my country with all my heart.



Our SAF Red Lion parachutists jumping out from the helicopter




There was definitely an electric vibe in the air and all the more fun when you are enjoying the sights and sounds with people around you.



I was hooting and whooping at everything, my hubs must think I'm nuts. 





The fireworks was a blast, literally. Although we didn't get the best seats in the house and Marina Bay Sands was effectively blocking the view of the fireworks, it was simply just fine. We were contented. Simply enjoying these moments together is all it is about.

Happy National Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.