Friday, August 22, 2014

Glamglow Youth Mud Tinglexfoliate Treatment


Visiting Sephora is a dangerous thing to do especially when you go with a fellow beauty fiend. I was so curious about Glamglow after seeing so many Instagram pictures that I had to give it a go. At the time there were two kinds available. The Super Mud Clearing Treatment and the Youthmud  Tinglefoliate Treatment. I went for the Youthmud cos it promises smoother and bright skin. Who doesn't want that?

I bought this at Sephora for  SGD $92. It is only US $69 if you order online.


(Taken from the Glamglow website)


Designed as a 10-minute professional ‘facial in a jar’ for behind-the-scenes use in Hollywood’s Entertainment, Music, Fashion & Award industries, for immediate camera- ready glowing skin. GLAMGLOW’s mud base is from the South of France Mediterranean Sea, home to glamorous Cannes, St. Tropez & Monaco. For Men and Women, All Ages and Skin Types. Use a couple of times a week or simply when you need GLAM-tastic™ skin.

DIRECTIONS

Apply a Thin Layer to Clean Face. Expect a Tingle-tastic Tightening Effect in 10 minutes or less. Remove Mask with Water in Circular Motions to exfoliate. Use Twice a Week or as often as Desired.

  • Leaves skin noticeably radiant and glowing.
  • Activates moisturizing collagen synthesis.
  • Provides gentle resurfacing exfoliation.
  • Helps to leave skin smoother, brighter and softer.
  • Provides tighter skin texture and tighter pores.
  • Helps to provide a more youthful appearance.
  • Absorbs impurities without removing natural oils.
  • Helps to protect against free radical damage.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Montmorillonite (Volcanic Minerals), Kaolin (French Sea Clay), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (Purified Clay), Polyethylene, Pumice (Micro Volcanic Rock), Camellia Sinensis Leaf (Green Tea Leaf), Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract (Green Tea), Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Chamomile), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Marigold), Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Hedara Helix Extract (Ivy), Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract (Comfrey Herb), Lavandula Hybrida Oil (Lavender), Glycerin (Vegetable), Parfum, [Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool], Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.


I use this about one to two times a week. Especially when the weekends are nearing. Guess it is the only time I am free to pamper my face.

I stir the mixture up a bit before applying it to my face. The paste feels kinda rough and I make sure I smooth it over my face gently. It feels warm and tingly when I apply this over my face. There is also a tightening sensation on my face. The tingly sensation borders on being somewhat uncomfortable and when it dries it stops tingling. For some sensitive people it might feel a little like stinging but it was still bearable for me. I apply a thin layer and wait for it to dry.

I had been wondering what the bits of black stuff were in the mud and after Googling I realise that it was the green tea leaves. After that I wash it away with warm water. I make sure I don' rub my face because the volcanic pumice feels quite rough. So please be gentle.

I have been using this for about 2 months now. I do enjoy using it. After washing my face, it feels refreshed, somewhat brighter and generally it looks better than before. I won't go so far to say that it is like a facial in a bottle though. I haven't used many mud masks before so I can't really compare. It is very expensive though so if you want to try this make sure you grad it when Sephora has its 20% discounts. 

Have you tried any such mud masks before? Do you have any other masks to recommend?

Ratings: 3 lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. I want to try the Glam Glow masks SOOOO badly but they're just too expensive in my opinion!!! I'd much rather buy eyeshadows or a lipstick because I feel like I'll get much more use out of makeup...... :( great post non the less xoxo

    http://gaborillaa.blogspot.ca/ | Makeup and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gaborilla, I tend to spend on my skincare I think taking care of my skin is important. But I hate spending on expensive stuff that performs medicore.

      Delete
  2. OOOOO...thanks for the review. I've been seeing plenty of raves but also a lot of meh reviews and mixed ones! I think with skin like mine that isn't so oily or blemished or in need of facials or intense treatment I'll be saving my money and buying other products instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup Sharlynn, you have fantastic skin so no need to use this. Get a quality moisturizer and serum instead.

      Delete
  3. Hey Jacqueline, I think I have a couple of sample sachets sitting around, but I still haven't given them a go. I gave up on mud masks in general a long time ago, because most of them are way too much for my skin, and I don't like the way they tighten. However, I absolutely swear by Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask. Hands down the best mud mask I've tried, and it's in a totally different category!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw... You are getting me interested. I have to tell myself no more stuff till I at least finish this.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.