Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet 40 Beige



I really love Chanel foundations. I have had such good experiences with Vitalumiere Aqua and Perfection Lumiere. When I heard about the new Perfection Lumiere Velvet, I knew I had to give it a try. 



(Information taken from Chanel website)


PERFECTION LUMIÈRE VELVET is a lightweight second-skin foundation. It naturally smoothes and evens out the complexion for a velvety matte makeup result.
The lightweight texture of PERFECTION LUMIÈRE VELVET makes it perfect for normal and combination to oily skin. This ultra-soft emulsion instantly becomes one with the skin, transforming into a natural powdery matte finish that disappears onto the skin.
• The Perfect Skin Affinity complex acts in perfect affinity with the skin to maintain hold and radiance all day long.
• The ""smooth-effect"" powders selected by the CHANEL Laboratories diminish surface irregularities and instantly smooth pores. 
• The patented* Perfect Light Control complex (combination of two semi-sheer hemispherical powders) perfectly evens out dark spots and lightens redness, without a hint of thickness.



As you can see, it comes in a lightweight plastic bottle that makes it easy to tote around without any fear of breakage.

Bottom to top: Perfection Lumiere Velvet 40, Perfection Lumiere 40 and Vitalumiere Aqua B30


As you can see, the new Perfection Lumiere Velvet is more neutral than the Perfection Lumiere, both being B40. 

I really like that it is lightweight in feel and texture. It blends beautifully into a satin matte finish on me. On my normal to combination skin, it lasts the entire day without me having to blot. I do see a little oil breaking through at the 5 hour mark.



Pardon the washed hair and general dishevelled appearance. I was rushing out to meet my hairdresser. Yup I changed my outfit, I'm vain like that. Even when I'm in a rush and going to be late I'll change if I'm not 'feeling' what I'm wearing. (Blush.)

I wanted to show you how Perfection Lumiere Velvet looks by itself when not paired with any of my powders. It doesn't cover all my acne scars but I feel that the coverage is more than decent. I don't want to look like I'm wearing  mask.


Here is how Perfection Lumiere looks when paired with my favourite Make Up For Ever Pro Finish powder. They are a match made in heaven.


Here is how Perfection Lumiere looks after about 4 hours. I came back with shorter hair!


I have been using this foundation for more than a month now and I am loving it. It is great for humid Singapore because it is so light weight. It has a SPF of 15 which is totally negligible in my books, I still need to fortify myself with my regular sunblock. I did hear that it might not keep the oilies away for the oily complexions so you might want to get a sample to try it out. On me, it lasted well on me.

I bought this at Nordstrom USD $45.

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqueline, I agree with you I love all the Chanel foundations. My favorite to wear in the winter because it gets really cold in the United States in CT is the Vitalumiere Moisture Rich. The Perfection Lumiere seems like it would be great for when it is very hot and humid outside like it is right now. I really love your hair cut it looks nice a little shorter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gia, I think Chanel makes some pretty awesome stuff, I can't seem to get enough of them, how about you? What are other Chanel products that you love?

      Delete
  2. I just completed both my Perfection Lumiere and Vitalumiere Aqua so this is definitely on my to-buy list when I'm flying out in Sept! I haven't travelled much this year and one thing i miss is definitely DFS.. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine you making a long list :) you must try this babe, I live how light it is.

      Delete
  3. Hey there, I'm usually ( in colour reference ) a Mac NC25 all the way to 30 and one summer 35 but I'm sure I'm at 30 right now. Do u think b 40 will be a good colour for me also?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Savannah, I think it will be a tad too dark for you. You ought to try the 30 beige instead.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.