Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Visit to the Dinosaurs: Dawn to Extinction Exhibition


I love the school holidays, that is when I get to go out with my 'not so little' man. I treasure the one to one interactions and the conversations I have with him. It never ceases to amaze me and remind me that he is growing up. I love bringing him to the Art and Science Museum when it is just the two of us because I love the whole Marina Bay Sands vibe. This time round we went to visit the Dinosaur exhibition. My hidden agenda was to dine at Au Chocolate so it was killing two birds with one stone.


DS seems to shy away from the camera the more he grows up but sometime when his mood strikes he will do funny poses.







The exhibition was a good one with a fair bit of authentic exhibits. I think it is more suitable for older children who are more able to stop and read the information as compared to younger ones. We took slightly more than an hour to go through the exhibits.


We were supposed to head to Ding Tai Fung for lunch and then Au Chocolate for desserts but DTF was crowded and we didn't feel the urge to queue.

Pretty ceiling


Ham and cheese crepe
DS dug into the ham and cheese crepe but couldn't finish it because he claims it was too cheesy. I liked the addition of the salad to balance the overall taste. It did get heavy at the end. 


Ma ma mia!
When in doubt, I always fall back on pasta, beef bolognaise to be exact. It was okay but not earth shattering.


Frozen Hot Chocolate
The highlight of our meal has to be the enormous Frozen Hot Chocolate. We were surprised by how huge it was. It was something perhaps 4 people could share. We could not finish it. After a while it became a chore to try and finish it. We loved that it was not too sweet though.

Here is the FOTD that I did.


On my lips, Dior Contour Lip Liner in 663 Elite Pink and Dior Fluid Stick in 575 Wonderland.


On my lids, Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Rose Gold, Chanel Illusion d'ombre in New Moon and Make Up For Ever Aqua liner and Smokey Extravagant Waterproof mascara.


For my complexion, Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet in 40 and Giorgio Armani Cheek Fabric in Dolci. (All to be reviewed soon)


Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

  1. Aww looks like you guys had a great time!!! The exhibition seems fun, and the food, THE FOOD!!! I love this look on you! Very youthful! Can't believe you've got a son that's really not that little anymore ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe he is going to be 10 very soon, how time flies.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you guys went! I visited just two months back and it was lovely! Your skin looks brilliant! Sooo flawless and natural! Need to check out the velvet soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharlynn it only looks flawless from afar, if you ever see me up close you will see the multitude of acne scars on both my cheeks. I just live visiting museums, don't you? I hope you will love the foundation, it is fast becoming my staple.

      Delete
  3. This was a great exhibition! I really enjoyed it earlier this year. Great look of the day btw, love the bright lips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne :) I simply love the whole area and nothing makes me happier than visiting museums.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.