Monday, July 14, 2014

Sponsored Post: Make Up For Ever Artisan Brushes


I love makeup brushes. They enhance the whole makeup application experience and with the right brush, that overly pigmented blush or sheer eye shadow can be work for you. The wonderful Make Up For Ever team sent me this gorgeous brush pouch containing a set of really interesting and useful set of brushes.

There are a total of 75 new brushes available. They are made all from engineered fibres so they are animal cruelty free brushes.  The handles are made of eco-certified dark brown beech wood. The brass ferrule is said to be be able to withstand humidity.

There are a total of 9 types of brushes.

Foundation brushes.
Powder brushes.
Concealer brushes.
Blush brushes.
Eyebrow brushes.
Eyeliner brushes.
Eyeshadow brushes.
Lip brushes.
Artistic brushes.

I have to say how much I am delighted to have this brush pouch. I have always struggled to find a proper brush bag that will not do too much damage to my precious brushes. Look at how spacious it is and best part, it can stand.





 I was given 5 brushes to try. I have to say that all the brushes feel soft on my face. 

The first belongs to the artistic range. The 414 Body Kabuki. I don't use other stuff on my body except for body lotion so I was at a loss of how I was going to use this. In the end I used it as a face powder brush on my face. Don't shoot me! SGD $70.



There are a total of 24 eye shadow brushes. This is 210 Round Shader Brush Small. SGD $40. I used this to smudge my pencil eye liner and pack pigment on top of it.



I honestly don't like buying dual ended brushes. I never know how to store them. Currently this is lying on my eye pencil drawer. 274 Double-Ended Angled Eyebrow and Eyelash Brush. I love the eyebrow brush, I use this everyday. It is stiff and I use this to blend out my eyebrow pencil. The eyelash brush isn't used as frequently.  SGD $49




I have been wanting to  own a portable lip brush for the longest time. I have been relying on the ip brush that comes along with my lip liners. It is flexible which makes blending and applying lipstick easy. When capped, it is short enough for me to put in my tiniest makeup pouch. 304 Lip Brush with Cap. SGD SGD $45.




Finally, the 158 Double-ended Sculpting Brush SGD $95. I use the angled end for contouring and applying bronzer and the round fluffy end to apply blush on the apples of my cheeks.






I am very happy with my new additions. Although they are not natural hair, they feel soft to touch. They feel a lot sturdier and I don't feel like I have to treat them like fragile things. They are alo well balanced and just the right length for me to use comfortably.

I have washed them and unlike the black natural fibres, they don't bleed. 

I won't buy double ended tools not because I don't like them but just because I don't know how to store them. My 158 is lying on the corner of my drawer so that the fibers aren't touching the table. I don't want to get them dirty. How do you store double ended tool. I can't even put them in a pouch without worrying about damaging the bristles.

I do find them pricy. Some are on par with the branded natural brushes. I wonder if it is because of the research that went into the bristles and the quality of the wood handles.

Ratings: 3+ lipsticks

Disclaimer:  Product was provided for by the company. Review is my own opinion, I am not affiliated or paid by the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.