Friday, July 11, 2014

Sponsored Post: Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Extravagant Waterproof Mascara


If you have read my previous post about the Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara you would know that I have been wishing for a waterproof version. Heh, I got my wish.

(Taken from the press kit)



PERFORMANCE
Reaching even the finest lashes from root to tip, the cone shaped brush works wonders at lengthening and 
separating lashes with infinite precision. The non-sticky mascara texture glides over your lashes for zero-clump perfection, offering protection, lash extensibility and flexibility - which is what every woman needs for an everyday mascara!

FORMULA SECRET
• Abyssinian Oil blended with iron oxide minerals creates an intense and brilliant black hue.
• Red Seaweed extracts offer protection, flexibility and lash extensibility.
• A complex of wax and humidifying agents provides great comfort and sheathing power to lashes.
• The association of polymers and a synthetic thermoplastic resin helps to improve water resistance.

DESIGN
Its voluptuous shape makes for easy handling. The thick elastomer fibres of the brush are twisted so you can stretch the lashes while separating them from root to tip - for that special volumizing and lengthening effect.


SGD $44


It shares the same cone shaped wand as the Smokey Extravagant mascara.


My sad miserable excuse of lashes with two coats of Aqua Smokey Extravagant

Honestly speaking I don't see much of a difference between the two mascaras. I wore the waterproof version out to the pool and it stayed intact with just slight smudging at the end of session. With normal wear, it stays put without smudging my lower lids. I can apply multiple coats without the lashes looking like they belong to the legs of a tarantula. It is a lot harder to remove as compared to the original version. I actually prefer wearing the original because at the end of my work day I just don't want to deal with having to remove tenacious mascara. But when I know it need something a little more I bring out my Aqua version.

Ratings: 3- lipsticks


Disclaimer:  Product was provided for by the company. Review is my own opinion, I am not affiliated or paid by the company.


6 comments:

  1. Hey Jacqueline, I have tried a mini MUFE mascara, but I can't remember which one it is! I know what you mean though. If it's very warm and humid/raining, I see the added bonus of a waterproof mascara. Otherwise, a non-waterproof mascara that wouldn't smudge is great! It can be a bit of a struggle to remove a waterproof one at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Sunny, a smudge proof mascara is enough for me, unless I know I'm going to watch a tear jerker at the movies but in that case I don't even bother to wear any makeup, I'll look like a mess afterwards anyway :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you don't experience such a great difference! I find that super waterproof fiber mascaras like my favorite Kiss me heroine long & curl work best for adding length, curl and volume! I've tried their old smoky lash and it was great but it dries up too fast! Great to hear that the waterproof one does last the distance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm telling myself that I must try the Kiss Me Heroine one cos I keep hearing about it.

      Delete
  3. I still need to try a mufe mascara, have one sitting in my sephora basket. Waterproof mascara can be tricky sometimes I find the ones that aren't waterproof last longer, the surrat one seems to last through anything but don't think that's marketed as waterproof x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clare don't get me started on Surrat, I'm already checking out their shadows and blushes are your posts on them :) you got to try this and let me know what you think. Mine is drying up soon and I'm on a hunt for another. I want to try those Japanese ones I keep reading about.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.