Saturday, July 5, 2014

Chanel Reflets D'ete De Chanel 2014 Summer Collection: 911 Ambre Dore Stylo Yeux Waterproof


I don't usually buy Chanel's Stylo Yeux eye pencils. My last foray was the Stylo Yeux in Noir Intense which disappointed me till no end.  It was not smudge proof or waterproof on me. The worst part was after I dropped it on the floor, it broke and everytime when I wanted to use it, a whole chunk of pencil would slide down the tube. It was so frustrating and I threw it away in the end. So as you can see, I don't learn from my lessons!

I saw Natural N Chic Makeup's swatches and reviews of it on her blog and I couldn't resist the beautiful bronze gold swatches. I had to have it even though my past experience was not good.



This is a retractable eye pencil with a mini sharpener attached at the other end.


Isn't it the prettiest bronze gold ever? Its very blendable so I can use this as a lid colour by smudging it or using it as a liner like what I did below.


I like using this on my bottom waterline to brighten my eyes. It does fade away after a few hours so I reapply when I feel like it. Since its not black it doesn't look like I have dark circles under my eyes. 

There are equal pros and cons to this eye pencil. It is not water proof nor smudge proof on my lids.  As a retractable eye pencil, I can never get a crisp sharp line as compared to a regular eye pencil. It is fragile so I must make sure I don't drop it in case the pencil breaks.

I am still loving the shade. It glides on my lids without ever tugging on it. It is creamy and opaque in swipe. It can also double up as an eye shadow for me.

SGD $35

Ratings: 3+ lipsticks

5 comments:

  1. I could see why you had to have it even with all the cons it is absolutely beautiful! It looks very nice on you and goes well with your coloring. I think I am going to order this one for myself. Thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gia, I bet it will look great on you too and if you don't have oily lids like mine all the better. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. Lovely color! I totally would love a shade like this for my waterline!! You're right, because it isn't dark it fades away invisible but when it's there it would be a great gleam with a brown eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sharlynn, I just love shades like this, just subtly brightens up my eye area.

      Delete
  3. Lovey shade on you, had it been a touch less warm I think I'd have picked this up as well x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.