Saturday, July 26, 2014

Chanel Les 4 Ombres Multi Effect Quadra Eyeshadow 204 Tisse Vendome



The Chanel Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eyeshadow is the newest offering from Chanel. I always had some hits and misses with Chanel quads but I read that these had amazing pigmentation so I had to visit the counter for a swatch.

I was blown away by the pretty swatches at the counter. I was deciding between the safe option of Mademoiselle or Vendome. I decided on Vendome instead because of the gorgeous peach shade.

(Taken from the Chanel website)


A palette of four eyeshadows that features the most advanced innovation to enhance creativity. Its optimised formula unites softness and easy application to express maximum colour: consistent, luminous and even all day long. The shades come in a variety of effects: matte, satiny, iridescent or metallic.
A practical and portable black lacquered case with a large mirror. 

Result: The four eyeshadows blend endlessly to define natural, intense, sophisticated or smoky eyes.
A formula that enhances colour and makeup effects. 

• An exceptional concentration of long-lasting pure pigments for a wider range of effects and intensities 
• A jellifying system and a blend of polymers and spherical powders for:
o a soft, creamy, glide-on texture 
o shades that blend together perfectly
o an even makeup result
• A new manufacturing process for easy application and immediately intense coverage 
• A total absence of talc for heightened colour radiance and luminosity 
• Synthetic mica to ensure consistency between the colours in the case and the makeup result on the eyelids






These are swatches made with the applicator given. One swipe. Just look at the gorgeousness. 

Here is a simple look I did with Vendome. I sweep the peach shade on my lids over my crease. I use the cream champagne shade to highlight my brows and blend with the peach shade.


I used the dark brown on the outer corner of my eyes and used a smidgen of the light brown on my crease.


I lined it with my Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in black (oops sorry about the smudge) then added my favourite Charee Lashes No. (to be reviewed later I promise.)





I am very pleased to pick up this palette. The new Chanel palettes have an upgraded formula that is soft, shimmery and pigmented. They blend very well. With my Urban Decay Primer Potion, it lasts until I take them off.

Vendome is a beautifully coordinated palette with the bright pop of peach to add excitement to an otherwise staid set of colours. I can foresee the different kinds of looks I can do with this from an office friendly look, a fun summer look or even a subtle smokey look.

If I remembered correctly this sells for SGD $90 at the counter, please correct me if I'm wrong. It sells for USD $61. Mark up is high for this one so grab your either at DFS Changi if you can or order this online.

Ratings: 4- lipsticks (just because you cost a bomb!)

8 comments:

  1. Yes! The mark up is quite high! I totally want to get at least one of these palettes from them at duty free at changi next time i travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharlynn you have to try this, just yesterday I ex pigmented using them wet, it was so nice, the colours became more pigmented. Which palette are you going to get?

      Delete
  2. Love these shades on you, gives a very brightening look. I think I'll have ti pick this one up as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clare, I'm thinking of getting Madamoiselle too in the future. that limited edition quad Posie looks gorgeous too but too bad it isn't something I can get easy access to.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that palette looks so much better on you than it does on me, the orange colour doesn't do much for me and I skip it. I even got a Chanel SA to show me how to use it and she thinks I should only use 3/4 shades at a time too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Selphia, in fact on regular days I usually am too lazy to use all 4 shades. I find that warm colours suit me best so I always pick them up. Did you pick any Chanel palette up then. Rivoli is also very nice.

      Delete
  4. Whoaa what's up with that mark-up? The RRP here is similar to the price you paid, but most stores give discounts, so we never pay the full price here.

    Vendome is gorgeous on you! The peach is not nearly as vibrant on my skin tone, and I am kind of jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunny. We do get discounts but not all the time. I will definitely order online if I wanted another Chanel palette. You could try using the peach shade wet, I was testing it out on Saturday and it becomes really vibrant and even more pigmented.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.