Friday, June 20, 2014

Sponsored Post: Make Up For Ever Summer Collection 2014 Aqua Liners Diamond Pearly Pink 19 and Diamond Grey 17



I have to tell you how much I love Make Up For Ever's Aqua Liners. They are about the only liners that actually stay on my lids until I want them to come off.

I have for you two of the four new Aqua Liners No. 17 Diamond Grey and No.19 Diamond Pearly Pink.


(Information taken from the press kit)


The ideal ally for high-precision doe-eyes, Aqua Liner has increased its 15-color palette with 4 new diamond shades: Diamond Black, Diamond Grey, Diamond Blue, and Diamond Pearly Pink. Its foam-tip applicator makes it easy for you to draw a smooth, perfect line as it follows every curve of your eyelids.

RETAIL PRICE SGD 40

#2 Diamond Black
#19 Diamond Pearly Pink
#17 Diamond Grey

#18 Diamond Blue

PERFORMANCE

The high stability of a waterproof and smudge-proof liner that gets up close and personal with the eyelids. A water-resistant formula contained in an aqueous gel texture that is fresh and easy to apply.

FORMULA SECRET

• Acrylic filmogen polymers for long-lasting waterproof and transfer-proof holding power. The hydrophobic virtues of the formula repel water and “seal” the pigments onto the skin’s surface.
• A “color-seal” complex sets the pearlisers and pigments - while preserving all their brilliance - thanks to an association of polymers and essential fruit amino acids. Glycerides confer the textures with anti-drying properties that are gentle on the skin.


Diamond Grey is a semi opaque liner. At one pass, it looks like what you see below. In order to get a truly opaque line, I wait for the first applicator to dry (takes a few seconds) and then apply a second time.

One application

Two applications of Diamond Grey
You can use Diamond Pearly Pink in two ways. Apply over your normal liquid or pencil eye liner for sparkle. This way, you will also bullet proof your eye liner. It won't budge after it has a coating of the Aqua Liner. Another would be to apply it near the corner of your eyes or at the bottom line like what I did here. Not the nicest but you get the idea.


Here is all my Aqua Liners I have amassed. I'm using my  third tube of the black liner. It is that good. 


Left to right: 3 Iridescent Emerald Green, 8 Iridescent Electric Purple,  6 Iridescent Navy Blue, 13 Mat Black, 14 Diamond Multicolor Black, 17 Diamond Grey and 19 Diamond Pearly Pink
Here is what I like about the Aqua Liners. The foam tip applicator is firm and I am able to draw a very nice line with this. With care I can use this on my waterline without worrying that it will fade by mid day. I have notoriously oily lids and teary eyes. I yawn so much in the morning and start tearing, basically any other kind of liner will smudge and I will look like a horrid mess. Aqua Liners are the only things that will stay on my lids. They are mighty difficult to remove so a good bi-phase eye makeup remover is important. Soak your cotton pads with remover and press onto your lids for as long as you can wait, don't rub your lids and they will come off.

Diamond Grey is an interesting twist to the normal staid black that I usually go for. The suspended glitter which does not irritate my eyes yet gives my lids a shine. I prefer using Diamond Pearly Pink over a matte liner instead of on my bottom ids because I don't usually apply liners there.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

Disclaimer:  Product was provided for by the company. Review is my own opinion, I am not affiliated or paid by the company.

4 comments:

  1. All the colors look beautiful! This is making me want to place an order you are very bad for my wallet. Thank you for another informative review. I would of never thought of even trying makeup forever Aqua liners but now I can't wait to add them to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Niji, hehe I'm very bad for my own wallet lol. Is there any particular colour that you are attracted to? Much as I love colored ones I always go back to black.

      Delete
  2. OMG! The pearly pink..!
    I have two eyeliners from this range and they stays for a long hours without smudging. I have to check out that Pearly Pink :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meryl, it would look good layered with another liner or on its own. :)

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.