Sunday, June 8, 2014

Illamasqua Powder Blusher Duo Lover and Hussy


I had the chance to play with some Illamasqua blushes last year. I did love the shade Lover a lot but didn't feel the need to rush out and buy it. Incidentally Illamasqua is now available in Singapore at Robinsons Orchard. ASOS had a 30% off and I immediately jumped at the chance of getting the blush duo with Lover in it. I got this for SGD $43. It usually retails for SGD $60.84 on the website. I'm not sure how much it sells at the counters in Singapore though.

You can read my previous reviews of Lover and Unrequited here.





I must tell you I'm not in love with the packaging. It is thick and bulky. Its made pf plastic. I wish it was more compact and sleek though.




The thing I love about these blushes is, they are matte and pigmented. They are powdery and will kick up powder when you use them. They also seem more fragile to me. I have a feeling that if I dropped this, the blushes would shatter. They aren't as finely milled or soft as the luxury brands for example Burberry but they are good enough.

Here I have Hussy on my cheeks.



Here is Lover on my cheeks.



I wore Lover out to meet my mom for lunch.



I definitely prefer buying the duos as I can get the best of both worlds. 

There are a total of 3 blush duos.
Katie/Ambition
Lover/Hussy
Beg/Bronzella

I don't see any other duos that I would want but I am mighty curious about Naked Rose, their powder blush. Perhaps I'll go swatch that.

Ratings: 4+ lipsticks

8 comments:

  1. I really like the duo...the rose is gorg and I love how the other shade is such a warm nude! I would totally use them individually or together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you gone to the Illanasqua counter to swatch their blushes yet? You can always wait for Asos to come out with their 20% discounts. They carry illamasqua.

      Delete
  2. This duo is a nice one. Bought it off the website long time ago, and I love how pigmented and matte they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joey Anna, thanks for leaving me a comment :) I have to agree with you on this duo too. Have you tried their other blushers?

      Delete
  3. Wearing Lover to meet your Mom, how apt! I have been wanting Hussy for a while but short of that impulse to get it! You should look into their highlighters! I love Gleam to death!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce, I have way too many highlighters to justify getting another one. Strangely I am actually able to stop myself from buying too many highlighters. I only got this because there was a discount :)

      Delete
  4. Love the shades. Upon seeing them, they look so pigmented that I usually prefer. Kinda concern about the packaging though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julie, the bulky casing isn't anything to crow about but at least it is functional. I love the shade Hussy in this blush so it more than makes up for it.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.