Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Giorgio Armani Flash Lacquer Crystal Shine Gloss No. 108 swatches and review


I was visiting Crystine who is a MA at the Giorgio Armani counter at DFS Scotts. (She also has a blog, called Not A Makeup Blog, what a cute name!) I was buying a Flash Lacquer as a gift for a friend. Anyway I was so happily swatching and bewitched by the iridescent shimmer that I decided to pick another for myself.

I am kind of enamored by these Flash Lacquers. I received a press sample of No. 202 Brown which I fell in love with and so I wanted to pick up more.  I was really hoping to pick up a pigmented shade hopefully in a fuchsia or pink with shimmer but couldn't find any. I thought 108 would be a lovely gloss to layer over my warm toned lipsticks.





I fell in love with the beautiful golden shimmer that comes with this gloss. It does not feel gritty on the lips and thankfully not tacky either. I hate tacky lip glosses. Here I have 108 layered over my Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip liner in 2C. The golden shimmer isn't very obvious.



Here is my natural look I did to go out and have lunch with the hubs. Can't tell that I was sick right?

Base:
Giorgio Armani Maestro foundation

Cheeks:
Danniel Sandler watercolour blush in Flush
Guerlain Emilio Pucci Terra Azzurra Bronzing Powder and Blush

Eyes:
Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Amethyst
Lancome Artliner


Top to bottom: 528, 202 and 108

Top to bottom: 202, 528 and 108
Anyway I can't help thinking that my original 202 gloss could have also done the job of layering over my warm toned lipsticks. 202 looks more pigmented whereas 108 is sheerer. This isn't a dud in anyway, just that it is too similar to 202 to justify buying it.

Ratings: 3+ lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. It is such a beautiful warm shade, i can totally see myself layering this with a red or brownish shade but that's too bad that the other one is a replica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharlynn, if you are a gloss kinda girl you will love these. They aren't too tacky.

      Delete
  2. it's disappointing that is was so similar to another shade, but still! They're super gorgeous!!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Miss Louise, yup. I alternate between the two so that at least both get a little love.

      Delete
  3. Lovely look and the gloss is so pretty, love the golden shimmer. I have a tendency to pick myself up something when I'm buying for others as well ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Clare, yup can't help ourselves can we? I will always see something interesting and in the end I will have to get it.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.