Monday, May 12, 2014

YSL Kiss & Blush Lip and Cheeks Soft Matte Colour 1 Fuchsia Desinvolte and 8 Rose Hedoniste


(Information taken from the YSL website)


Kiss your cheeks. Blush your lips. Play with color and mix and match your lips and cheeks. Yves Saint Laurent introduces the latest innovation in the edgy Baby Doll attitude. This 2 in 1 ultra blendable air whipped mousse beautifully highlights your lips and cheeks with a sensual soft matte finish. Available in 12 signature YSL shades.



When I first saw promotion pictures of these I knew I had to try one or two or three! It is funny how certain pictures and products just makes me want to buy them while others equally great ones simply don't move me. (Case in point, the Hourglass blushes)




Here is another blush/lip product that strangely looks like nail polish bottle.


I'm in a dilemma. I am using this as both a lip and a blush product. The issue is whether I use the applicator to deposit blush or use this as a lip wand. I want to limit myself to using the wand for just one kind of use because I cannot imagine using the wand on my lips and putting it back into the bottle and after a few days take it out and use it directly on my face.

Right now I use the applicator directly on my lips because I love how evenly it deposits colour onto my lips. I tried it with a lip brush and fingers and the colour looks sheerer when applied that way. I wipe the wand with tissue paper before putting it back into the bottle. For blush, I scoop out some product with the wand and put it on the back of my hands and use my brush to pick it up.

Hm... somehow it seems like a duo product does have its drawbacks.


Fuchsia Desinvolte is a lovely bright fuchsia colour. It blends well to give a matte veil of colour on my cheeks. It works well after I have set my foundation with compact powder. It does not result in patchiness. In order to get full on colour on my lips I need to use the applicator. I make sure a prep my lips well in advance with a lip balm. It feels lightweight.




Left to right: Fuchsia Desinvolte and Rose Hedoniste
I prefer Rose Hedoniste as a blush rather than a lip product. It looks a little too light for my lips. I wish you could see the lovely light rose coral shade on my cheeks.




I prefer using the Kiss and Blush as a blush than a lip product. The matte mousse like texture blends really well on my cheeks and stays on for about 5 hours either under or over powder. As a lip product, Rose Hedoniste appears much sheerer as compared to Fuchsia Desinvolte and takes a few layers before it looks opaque. It doesn't feel very moisturising on my lips although it does not dry them out.

If you have a lighter skin tone, I think you would be able to rock the lighter shades as a lip and blush look. For darker skin tones, I think the brighter and darker shades would look better on you.

SGD $50

Ratings: 3++ lipsticks

8 comments:

  1. I love how both shades look like on the lips! Beautiful! I've never tried cream products on the cheeks before but this looks tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sharlynn, it you happen to find a great cream blush with great texture it actually looks more lasting and lasts longer than powder ones. I love layering my cream and powder blush. Judging by your pic I think pink Hedoniste will look awesome on you.

      Delete
  2. I like using this product as a blush too. Think their performance seems better as a blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, agreed. The lighter shades just don't look nice on my lips.

      Delete
  3. The Fuchsia looks great on your lips! I still haven't gotten any, kinda feel like I'm losing the urge..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I think it would be better for my wallet if I waited for my urges to pass. :) I pass them for you to play with the next time we meet.

      Delete
  4. I like these better on my cheeks than on my lips too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Hannah, which shades did you get and were these hoard worthy for you :)

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.