Friday, May 9, 2014

Sponsored Post: Rodial Super-food Kit


I received this from the good people at Rodial about a month back to try out. I have been using this since then and thought that it would be a great time to give you my thoughts about all the products in the Super Food kit.

First up, I love the concept of boxing deluxe sample size of products to try out. I hate buying full size products and then discovering they are duds. I get to try out quite a few products and use the whole range.  




As you can see, the kit consists of the Stemcell Super-food Cleanser, Day Cream, Facial Oil and the Glam Balm.


(Information taken from the press kit)

Introducing STEMCELL super-food cleanser. A nourishing dual-action cleansing cream with advanced stem cell technology from the PhytoCellTec™ Alp Rose. The potent super-food complex of anti-oxidants, Coconut Oil, Rose Hip Oil, Rose Wax and Cocoa Butter gently cleanses the skin, whilst feeding essential nutrients for instant relief to dehydrated complexions.

Ingredients:
PhytoCellTec™ Alp Rose stem cell
How does it work?
The Alp Rose stem cells contain epigenetic factors which are able to preserve the function of human stem cells. Epigenetic factors maintain the self-renewal capacity of stem cells, i.e. the Alp Rose stem cells stimulate the human skin’s own stem cells to continually renew and repair at a faster rate. Therefore, the Alp Rose stem cells are used to help preserve the vitality of human skin stem cells. By maximizing the potential of human skin stem cells, PhytoCellTec™ Alp Rose improves regeneration and quality of the skin barrier.

Super-food ingredients:
Rose Hip Oil - Rejuvenates skin, Regenerates skin, Encourages the skin to heal
Marula Oil - Anti-aging, Hydrating & moisturising
Rose Wax - Soothes skin, Nourishes skin
Coconut Oil & Cocoa Butter - Nourishes and moisturises skin

Directions for use
Massage a small amount onto dry face and neck. Rinse with warm water or use the muslin cloth in hand-hot water to wipe away cream. Use it every morning and evening to achieve instant results for dehydrated skin.

SGD $59 for 200 ml


I will start talking about the Stemcell Super-Food Cleanser. The cleanser is a cream cleanser with a thick consistency. I like using this in the mornings. I save my Clarisonic for the evenings after removing my makeup. Initially when I read that the Super-food kit was mainly for dehydrated skin, I was a little worried that I might find it too rich my my skin. It turned out that my worries were unfounded. I think it is high time I got my skin reanalyzed. All this while I always thought that I had normal to oily skin. Perhaps it is dehydrated too. My skin feels nourished after use. It doesn't feel tight. It doesn't feel greasy. The only issue I have is the muslim cloth (made in China). I think it is meant to be a little on the rough side for the exfoliating effect but I make sure I was it thoroughly washed after use and sunned very often.


Introducing the STEMCELL super-food oil, designed specifically to nourish and illuminate the skin. It is packed with anti-oxidants, omega 3, 6 and 9 and Vitamins A, B5, C and E. This rejuvenating formula is quickly absorbed into the skin for deep nourishment whilst advanced PhytoCellTech™ Alp Rose stem cell technology protects skin from external aggression. Wrinkle appearance is reduced and skin’s vitality is increased.

Super-Omega Complex of 3, 6 and 9: 
  • Prevents skin sagging by regulating skin hydration, 
  • Soothes inflammation, 
  • Maintains hydration to fight dulling effects of dry skin, 
  • Helps soothes eczema, psoriasis by regulating skin cell function, 
  • Accelerates repair of damage
  • Restores natural moisture levels

Vitamin A
  • Reduces skin roughness and prevents wrinkle formation
  • Skin rejuvenating agent

Vitamin C
  • Reduces redness
  • Reduces pigmentation
  • Instant brightener
  • Stimulates collagen synthesis

Vitamin E
  • Super anti-ager
  • Rich moisturising agent to prevent formation of wrinkles

Vitamin B5
  • Plumps skin by bringing more water to skin’s surface

Marula Oil
  • A pure oil made of a unique composition of fatty acids, vitamins and minerals with historic uses in Southern Africa as an intense skin nourisher.
  • Fast absorption
  • Provides a protective coating to protect skin from ageing free radicals. It’s shown to have free radical scavenging properties higher than most seed oils on the market, preventing cell damage in the first place.

Scientifically proven results
  • Increase the vitality of epidermal stem cells by helping them maintain their stem cell characteristics
  • Protect precious cells against environmental stress
Key Statistics for PhytoCellTec™ Alp Rose
  • Skin’s vitality is increased by 75%
  • Moisture levels increased by 39%
  • Wrinkle depth reduced in 16 days
Directions for use
Gently massage 2-3 drops onto a cleansed face and neck, paying attention to areas with expression lines. Allow it to absorb thoroughly before applying Stem Cell super-food day cream to achieve instant results for dehydrated skin.

SGD $129 30 ml


After toning my skin, I apply one drop during the day and two drops at nights. It absorbs very quickly into my skin without any oily residue. It does not affect my foundation application at all. There is a slight floral scent.


Introducing the STEMCELL super-food day cream. This illuminating moisturiser hydrates skin for complete nourishment with a super-food complex of Rose Hip Seed Oil, Goji Berry, Wheat Germ Oil and Pomegranate Extract. It’s fortified with Functional Fillers to optically enhance skin tone’s appearance. Advanced stem cell technology from the PhytoCellTec™ Alp Rose helps to boost appearance of skin’s vitality and increase hydration levels to bring out the radiance of healthy, youthful looking skin.

RonaFlair™
RonaFlair™ Technology Functional Fillers are a 3 colour “toolbox” used to blend for individuality in a product. STEMCELL super-food day cream focuses on using BALANCE GOLD TECHNOLOGY which centers on reducing redness and giving the skin a golden glow.

Benefits:
  • Balances red tones
  • Illuminates, radiates and freshens skin tone
  • Optical change of skin tone appearance
  • Conceals skin imperfections
  • Improves skin evenness
  • Smoothes skin’s services
  • Super-Omega Complex of 3, 6 and 9:
  • Prevents skin sagging by regulating skin hydration
  • Soothes inflammation
  • Maintains hydration to fight dulling effects of dry skin
  • Helps soothes eczema, psoriasis by regulating skin cell function
  • Accelerates repair of damage
  • Restores natural moisture levels

Vitamin A: Reduces skin roughness and prevents wrinkle formation, Skin rejuvenating agent
Vitamin C: Reduces redness, Reduces pigmentation, Instant brightener, Stimulates collagen synthesis
Vitamin E: Super anti-ager, Rich moisturising agent to prevent formation of wrinkles
Vitamin B5: Plumps skin by bringing more water to skin’s surface
Wheat Germ Oil
Rich in Vitamin E: Moisturising, Improves skin tone and complexion
Goji Berry Extract: Powerful antioxidant, Rich in Vitamin E
Marula Oil: Anti-aging, Hydrating & moisturising

SGD $89 50 ml



This day cream is of a slightly thicker consistency. It takes a tad longer to absorb into my skin. It doesn't leave my face oily but it isn't mattifying. There is a slight sheen when I put it on. 


The original cult product glam balm presents a revamped new look, glam balm multi. This ultimate multi-functional balm is a must-have when you are on the go. The creamy formula can be used as a luscious lip balm, an indulgent face mask, or even as an in-flight treatment; the list is endless! A super-intensive anti-aging multi-purpose nourishing balm. High-tech PhytoCellTec™ Alp Rose stem cells combine with 3D Hyaluronic Filling Spheres™ to quickly reduce the look of fine lines and boost appearance of skin’s vitality. A revitalising cocktail of super-food oils and vitamins feed skin with essential nutrition, restoring moisture to balance dehydrated skin.

Benefits

  • Instant filling and plumping of fine lines and wrinkles
  • Long lasting hydration
  • Restores moisture and elasticity to extremely dehydrated skin
  • Illuminates and brightens the skin
  • Calms sensitive or irritated skin from cosmetic procedures
  • Heals dry skin and minor irritations
  • Promotes radiance and protects the skin’s collagen levels

Active Ingredients
  • PhytoCellTec™ Alp Rose stem cells work to increase skin vitality and create a barrier against external aggression. They also work to protect the skin against climate change. 
  • Hyaluronic Filling Spheres are micro injected for instant filling of fine lines and wrinkles whilst boosting hydration in the skin.
  • Salycilic Acid works to resurface and exfoliate the skin, stripping away dead skin cells.
  • Vitamin C brightens the complexion and helps reduce age spots, sun spots and pigmentation. It is an essential substance for collagen synthesis, protecting collagen and elastic fibres and providing antioxidant protection.
  • Rose Wax & Rose Hip Oil work to nourish and moisturise the skin, leaving it soft and supple.

Directions for use
Apply on face as a day/night moisturiser, plumping mask or eye balm. It can also be applied on lips, hands, cuticles or any area of face or body that needs a moisture boost. Instant results for dehydrated skin.

SGD $69 40ml


I'll be honest, I was quite put off by the greasy feel of the glam balm. No way was I going to put this on my face. But for the sake for experimentation, I tried it under my eyes as an eye cream, on my cuticles and as a lip balm. Guess what? I love this as an eye cream. I use this at night because it does take a little time for it to be absorbed. But when it does, the greasiness disappears and I'm left with a plumped up under eye area and my fine lines seem less obvious. As a lip balm, it works okay. 

Overall, I think the Rodial Super-food kit is a awesome set of products to try if you have dehydrated skin and you are looking to nourish it. I think it works well for ladies looking into anti aging as well. My skin feels well nourished and plumped up. The products absorb into my skin really well (perhaps my skin is thirsty) and does not feel oily or sticky when applied.

If I were to buy the full sized products, my picks will be the cleanser, facial oil and glam balm.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks


The STEMCELL Discovery Kit is available for sale at $79 and can be found at selected Guardian outlets:
The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands #B2-49
Paragon #B1-20/24
Ngee Ann City #B1-15-23 (Guardian Plus)


The individual items are also available for sale on www.rodial.com.sg and the above listed Guardian outlets.
STEMCELL super-food cleanser 200ml @ $59
STEMCELL super-food facial oil 30ml @ $129
STEMCELL super-food day cream SPF15 50ml @ $89
STEMCELL super-food glam balm multi 40ml @ $69


Disclaimer:  Product was provided for by the company. Review is my own opinion, I am not affiliated or paid by the company.

Edited to add: 31 August 2014

I  like the Stemcell Super-food cleanser so much that I bought a full tub.




I ordered from the Rodial Singapore website because I was just too lazy to go out and hunt for it. Shipping was free. It took about three days from the day I ordered to receive my cleanser so I am very happy with the ordering.

I am now including this in my morning routine.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Jacq!
    The cleanser looks interesting to me. Anything that sounds hydrating is a plus point for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really loving how nourished my skin feels, you ought to try it babe.

      Delete
  2. I have a couple products from this line. Not all, but I've used and finished the cleanser (loved it), a hand cream (loved it), a lip balm (loved it) and the multibalm (only product I didn't like).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kiss & Makeup, I love me a good lip balm, what's the Rodial one called. I initially wanted to hate the multi balm too but I really love how my thirsty skin absorbed it right up especially my under eye area.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.