Friday, May 30, 2014

Project Swap: Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eye shadow 05 Rosy Brown


I have for you today, Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow generously on loan to me by Luna of Lunaface. Dear Luna gifted me a Kiko lipstick in No. 908 some time back, I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the lipstick. When she told me about the Long Lasting Stick Eye shadows, I was intrigued. So when she passed hers for me to play with I was so happy.



Kiko Makeup Milano is a Italian drugstore brand which can be found in most of the European countries.



(Taken from the Kiko website)



Stick Eyeshadow - Extreme hold for a blendable intense colour.

The creamy formula ensures extreme blendability of the line immediately after application.

Once set, the colour remains uniform and radiant for up to 8 hours, without streaking or smudging.

Water Resistant, Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow gives splendid, pure and vibrant colour tones.

Application is simple and comfortable, thanks to the special rounded stick and its ultra-smooth and light texture.

Available in 32 high-impact shades.


Rosy Brown is a very creamy and pigmented brown with grey and mauve and shimmer thrown in.

I have done a very simple look with this just using this eye shadow. I find that it blends very easily and doesn't set too fast so you can still blend. Using my fingers seems to be the best because my fingers actually heat up the product and makes it even more blendable. It stayed on my lids the whole day with creasing or smudging.




The packaging of the Kiko Long Lasting Stick in very similar to the Laura Mercier Caviar Stciks which has a twist up feature and a plastic packaging.Both have 1.64g of product and are made in Italy. Hm... I wonder if they are made in the same place.


Top to bottom: Kiko and Laura Mercier
Left to right: Kiko and Laura Mercier
I took out Laura Mercier's Caviar Stick in Amethyst for a comparison. The Caviar Stick feels a little creamier and opaque than the Kiko but not by too much. Once applied, there isn't much of a difference in terms of formula and wear time. Both perform equally well.

Kiko sells for GBP 6.90 about SGD $15 whereas Laura Mercier sells for USD 26 about SGD $33. What a price difference for essentially the same product.

Kate from Drivel about Frivol has some swatches for shades I definitely want to get my hands on. There are more amazing swatches at LeMilleBolleBlu.

You can also check out Lunaface's rave of this product over here.

If you love cream eye shadows and either live in Europe or have friends going there, ask them to get these for you. They are definitely a worthy buy.

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. These are amazing! I totally agree! I have the same shade and 3 other from a swap I did with a blogger in germany! They are so creamy, so amazing on their one as a one shadow look and are so waterproof!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sharlynn, which are the shades that you own my dear. If only it was more accessible, I would own every single shade ;)

      Delete
  2. Love it!!!! I super like the color. I love the coverage and its formula. I will def gonna check on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ana, this is such a gorgeous taupe, it's a must get.

      Delete
  3. Hey Jacqueline, I was just going to say this one reminds me so much of Amethyst! I can see they're in the same vein, but not dupes at all. Now I feel like owning this, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have access to Kiko? If you do, yes go get them. They are definitely worth a try.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.