Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Project Swap: Chantecaille Tiger in the Wild Palette swatches and review


Good morning everyone. I hope you are having a good start to your day. I have for you today Chantecaille's Tiger in the Wild Palette on loan from dear Miaka of Miaka's LIfe and Loves. I think both Miaka and I have a great weakness for pretty palettes. Tiger in the Wild is a gorgeous looking palette with a sleek silver metal casing.







It features a coral blush and three neutral eye shadows in Cream, Pewter and Indigo. The Indigo doesn't look indigo to be honest. It looks more like a dark grey. 

It goes for USD $78. I love that 5% of the proceeds goes to conservation work but for the price I'm a little disappointed by the shadows. Though they are finely milled and soft, they lack that punch especially the indigo shade. The blush is soft and goes on sheer as well. I was hoping for more pigmentation. It feels exactly like my Coral Reefs palette.

Here is an eye look I did with this palette.


After priming my lids with Urban Decay's primer potion I applied Cream all over my lids.


Pewter on my lids up to my crease.


Indigo on the outer corner of my lids. Indigo applies very sheer and needed to be layered for a more pigmented look. Followed with my liquid liner.



Finally my Ardell's 108.


Coral blush on my cheeks.


My Guerlain Automatique in L'Heure Bleue


 These are some of the products I used.


I think that the Tigers in the Wild palette is very easy to use for every day looks. The colours are sheer and pretty. But for the hefty price tag I was hoping for a little more wow you know. I am underwhelmed by the quality of the palette apart and it is sad considering how pretty this palette looks.

You can read Miaka's review here. Seems like we share the same sentiments.

Ratings: 2+ lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Love the color combos for they are not too light and not too dark. they bring out natural beauty. These shades are ideal for Summer where light makeup is in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sue, if you like soft wearable colours, this and the Coral Reef palette would be something right up your alley :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Jacqueline, oh Cnatecaille palettes are always so pretty! I get what you mean though. For the price tag, I'd like to see a bit more pigment as well! I do LOVE how L'Heure Bleue looks on you though. I might need to get myself that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just to feel that I've gotten value for what I'm paying especially with pricey palettes. I think you will definitely love L'huere Bleue, Guerlain makes really love lippies.

      Delete
  3. Love the look you did, your liner skills are just to good. I think the Chantecaille shadow quality in the palettes has changed over the years and has not been on par with the former shadow singles (which I think might have had a formula change now as well). I've left buying more palettes for a while, though am tempted to pick up some singles to see what they are like now as the original formula really was lovely, so light in texture and as silky as you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clare, it took me a really log time to finally get better at eye lining, I have a ways to go but I'm very happy that I can do it without shaky hands. :) I'll be on a watch out if you do buy any of the singles, I would love to know how they compare.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.