Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Guerlain Rouge G 48 Geneva


I missed the Rose Grenat boat (Paris from My Women Stuff has an excellent review of it here). I am still kicking myself over it because I truly love the Guerlain Rouge G line of lipsticks. I don't care if they are oddly shaped and hard to organise or that they are really very heavy I just love the sexy silver casing. The two I have Gala and Gigolo have been nothing but a joy to use and I am up for owning one more, or two or a gazillion. Heh!

I read about new Guerlain Rouge Gs being released for summer and since I couldn't get my hands on Rose Grenat, I just felt like I had to get one of the new ones.

The new ones are:


Galiane (15) Nude beige (New, Permanent)
Gaetane (16) Deep brown (New, Permanent)
Geraldine (77) Luminous pink (New, Permanent)
Gladys (78) Vibrant fuchsia (New, Permanent)
Geneva (48) Blood orange (New, Permanent)






My pick is Geneva. It is such a glorious looking orange with just enough sheerness to it so that it blends with my lip colour. I don't think a fully opaque orange will look good on me. Too in your face.





I love my lipsticks to be creamy with just enough slip for it to glide smoothly but still holds on to my lips so that it doesn't slide all over the place. The Guerlain Rouge G is just that.The formula is very comfortable on my lips. Applying it is a totally luxurious experience. What's not to love?

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

10 comments:

  1. Nice choice, babe. You look vibrant in it.

    I got Geraldine and Rose Grenat this round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo! You got Rose Grenat aw.... I wanted it so badly. I really love the Rouge Gs don't you? I want more! :)

      Delete
  2. It looks so sexy on you! It looks rather pink to me on you, and you rock it :) I love the formula of rouge G, it's just so moisturising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's because of our skin tone difference :) yes I love them lots and the packaging is so luxe!

      Delete
  3. Ahh so this is definitely on the top of my wish list! It's gorgeous on you! I'm waiting for the F&F sale and it can't come sooner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up Rose Grenat, it will be for me the One that got away but I'm terribly pleased to pick this one up. I love the juicy colour. You will totally rock this shade my dear, it suits you to a T.

      Delete
  4. Great choice indeed! The packaging is super pretty and the color is super pretty. It looks so pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emmy, thanks babe, I have a thing for beautiful lipstick casing :)

      Delete
  5. these have quickly become my favorite lipsticks! I have three and right now I'm eyeing this one, Gigolo, and Gipsy! Great review!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Miss Louise, thanks for leaving me a comment. Which shades do you have? I'm going to have two more coming my way soon ;)

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.